RCCL airport transfers

I'm presently trying to figure out how to get from MCO -> Canaveral for an October cruise of mine. For background, I booked the cruise through an internet travel agency, and will spend a few days in the Orlando area pre-cruise. This isn't my first rodeo, and I know there are a great deal of other methods but I'm trying to do due diligence for the others I'm travelling with.

I can access the cruise reservation on the RCCL website (for cruise check-in, etc), but if I click on the link for airport transfers, I just get a pop-up saying 'ground transportation not eligible for your reservation'. Is this because I booked through something other than RCCL direct? Or does this show an option to buy within a certain amount of days? If I chose the RCCL transfers, would I have to book it through the 3rd party website as my 'travel agent' of choice? How much does RCCL transfers go for these days from MCO-Canaveral? Like I mentioned before, we'll be in the area pre-cruise, but won't have difficulty getting back to the airport for the transfer, but since we won't be flying in that day, we won't have flight information to give - I can make up fake airline arrival times - but does that really matter? Thanks for the info!

The last time I checked, the cruise line transfers between MCO and Port Canaveral were $37.50 per person, each way.

There are private transfer services that will do this cheaper. Also, many people use a one-way car rental for convenience. Check out the Florida Departures board for more details:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

For my cruise in January 2014, I am also flying into MCO a few days early. I have booked a one way car rental and will drop off at the Alamo/Enterprise in Cape Canaveral. Got a great price. I am then doing a one way rental back to the airport at the conclusion of the cruise. This was about $25.00 cheaper than using the shuttle since there are 4 of us traveling. Hope this helps. Also, if you look at Alamo's web site and "check the deals" you can get a free upgrade.

I'm presently trying to figure out how to get from MCO -> Canaveral for an October cruise of mine. For background, I booked the cruise through an internet travel agency, and will spend a few days in the Orlando area pre-cruise. This isn't my first rodeo, and I know there are a great deal of other methods but I'm trying to do due diligence for the others I'm travelling with.

I can access the cruise reservation on the RCCL website (for cruise check-in, etc), but if I click on the link for airport transfers, I just get a pop-up saying 'ground transportation not eligible for your reservation'. Is this because I booked through something other than RCCL direct? Or does this show an option to buy within a certain amount of days? If I chose the RCCL transfers, would I have to book it through the 3rd party website as my 'travel agent' of choice? How much does RCCL transfers go for these days from MCO-Canaveral? Like I mentioned before, we'll be in the area pre-cruise, but won't have difficulty getting back to the airport for the transfer, but since we won't be flying in that day, we won't have flight information to give - I can make up fake airline arrival times - but does that really matter? Thanks for the info!

So you booked through a travel agency, you would call them if you would like RCCL transfers added to your reservation, they also do pick up and drop off in MCO for people who do not arrive or depart on the same days as the cruise.

Archived