Suggestions for arrival AM in Papeete?

Oregonian

We have the problem in Papeete that our plane lands at 5AM but we can't board the ship until some time in the mid to late afternoon. I know other people have encountered this. Any suggestions on what to do to rest until we can board (e.g., is there a hotel that will rent rooms from 6AM until 2PM)?

We've been to Tahiti a couple of times already so touring the city or island is not of interest. The only thing I want to do in Papeete is buy a huge bundle of flowers at the Marche for our cabin.

• 3 weeks later...
What is a day room? We are going in a year and I don't know much about what to do from 6am to time to board either...thanks for any help you can give me.

Maybe a few hours with Patrick would be good if you haven't visited before.

Nancy:D:D

Princess usually has an arrangement with the IC Tahiti for a day room & transfers. Probably not available yet as your cruise is out so far they don't know the plane schedule yet.

I would suggest you fly in a day early and stay one night at a hotel. Either the IC Tahiti or Fare Suisse.

IC Tahiti has a resort feel and is at the lagoon front. Best Polynesian show on the islands.

Fare Suisse is less money, close to town and comes with transfers from the airport and then the following day to the ship.

Thanks for all the help and I can tell I'm going to be reading a lot of your posts to learn as much as I can before going. One thing I haven't found an answer to...is there a place to store bags if we arrive on a 6am flight and we don't get a day room?

What other suggests do you have for spending time that early in the morning. I know we can go site-seeing but i'm sure nothing has started that early if that is the time of our arrival.

Thanks again and I appreciate you being willing to share your ideas and support

In the parking lot of the airport there is a bag storage area. There is a charge for this service.

Another idea is to rent a car for 8 hours. You can use the trunk for your bags, site see and then drop off the car a few blocks away from the ship when your going to board. Most rental places will be happy to drop you off at the ship.

Which ship are you on?

Thanks TikiinTahiti for your information. I am also on the Pacific Princess, but our sail date is March 22, 2014. I will check with my travel agent and/or Princess for more information on that day room. I don't think arriving a day early will work for us. Our travel time is rather limited, so we are trying to plan the best we can to see these beautiful islands during our 10 day cruise. I will be watching the boards for more valuable information. Thanks so much.

We are on the March 1 2014 sailing of the Ocean Princess. We arrive at 6:25 AM on the 28th of Feb. Can that hotel be used as a day room and overnight also? We just want to get some rest and maybe take a taxi to town later in the day.

Archived