"Better to Bring It" 1st Timers List

sunnysavannah

I have a little kit that has a bit of everything in it. For the kids: ibuprofen, tummy meds, saline nasal spray, allergy meds. For the adults: rx meds, ibuprofen, tummy meds, saline nasal spray, allergy meds. For all of us: bandaids and Neosporin, nail trimmer, nail file. We do have a length of duct tape wrapped around a popsicle stick. Takes up minute space, and is just peace of mind.

We do the power strip - belkin brand on amazon. Fits right in the camera bag. No problem.

We do not do the shoe holder thing. I find the shelves in the bathroom work just fine.

Now...if I could just get over the clothes overpacking.......

One thing not mentioned (or I missed it) is a tooth repair kit. If you have ever lost a cap or filling on a cruise you will be very happy you spent the ~$4 for this. It will get you to the next port for a dentist or even home to your regular dentist. It is small and takes up little room. My dentist said the last tie I used it, it protected the tooth nerve which saved an infection/inflammation and more importantly a root canal.

Chris

One thing not mentioned (or I missed it) is a tooth repair kit. If you have ever lost a cap or filling on a cruise you will be very happy you spent the ~$4 for this. It will get you to the next port for a dentist or even home to your regular dentist. It is small and takes up little room. My dentist said the last tie I used it, it protected the tooth nerve which saved an infection/inflammation and more importantly a root canal.

Chris

I have never heard of a tooth repair kit. Where on earth do you find one? Makes a lot of sense just not something I would have ever in a million years thought existed.

I have never heard of a tooth repair kit. Where on earth do you find one? Makes a lot of sense just not something I would have ever in a million years thought existed.

I always carry one also. Never had to use it, but it takes up so little room. I have so many fillings and bridges that I would much rather be safe than sorry. I have found my kits in a regular drugstore.

I buy it at my local CVS store. As stated it is around $4. I too have many fillings and caps. The only time it will not work is if you actually snap off the post(or tooth) then there is nothing for it to grab onto. This actually happened to me in Alaska. Cruise line was excellent and made arrangements for a dentist at the next port. Unfortunately that was two days away.

Chris

I have one of these which I love! It has the flashlight, clock, temp, & date. I use it all the time at night at home and have given several as gifts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WORLD-TRAVEL-CLOCK-WITH-EMERGENCY-LED-FLASHLIGHT-/261268542143?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item3cd4d192bf

I think I paid $20 for my original one from Eddie Bauer. I was just at Eddie Bauer last week (in Michigan) and found that theirs are on clearance right now for $3.99! I bought three for Christmas gifts. Great price.

Archived