grand circle tour with roberts

blakethan

I would not chance it! Due to unpredictable traffic from Waikiki (hotel) to airport.

We have used Roberts for three b2b cruises and they have been great however we had one incident and it was on the Grand Circle Tour the bus (almost brand) new blew not one but two tires so it took us well over an hour for a bus to come a retrieve us. The entire episode was handled well and they showed up with water, pop, sandwiches and snacks but we were late one hour.

Our first trip to Hawaii someone had thrown thier child off an over pass so the traffic was held up for almost an hour.

While I'm not trying to scare you just I'm just saying you never know what can happen.

The worse that could happen is that you have to fly to next island which wouldn't be that costly, not like it would cost in the Caribbean.

If this is the tour that is listed as ending at 4pm, then I see no way that would work. Although sail away is not until 7pm, the absolute latest you can be aboard is 6pm. Assuming you actually get dropped off at your hotel at 4pm (it could be later as they do multiple Waikiki hotel drop offs), two hours is cutting it very close to pick up your luggage, travel to the port, check in, board, etc. Plus that would be missing the safety drill and having to make that up. Doesn't sound like a fun way to start a cruise.

We are doing an early bird Pearl Harbor tour that morning (this weekend), which is said to end before noon (hotel pick up before 6am). That is the closest we'd cut it. Several companies offer them, including Roberts, but we booked through Discover Hawaii. Best wishes.

Archived