Kayaking Excursion on any of the islands??

maygoddess

Hey all! Wondering if anyone has done any kayaking excursions while on the TP? I am doing the Cook trip in September..less than 60 days now..and my DH and I would like to get in some kayaking but I cannot seem to find any excursions. Are our choices just the cheapy free kayaks at the hotel we are staying at in Moorea for a few days post cruise..or does anyone know of any kayaking excursions we can grab at one of the tenders?

We are already pre-booked for other excursions in Huahine, Raiatea and our cruise day in Moorea...but still have open Bora Bora, Cooks, Moorea(2 days post cruise) and papeete for a few days pre cruise.

I looked on Tahiti Explorer and nothing came up.

Anyone have any clue about kayaking excursion would be great appreciated!

That's so funny - I just posted the same question on the Princess boards a few days ago, but haven't gotten any responses. I have been looking for a kayaking trip, too. Seems like FP would be a natural place for this with the lagoons.

If I hear of or find anything, i'll make a point to let you know!

I just looked in my Tahiti guidebooks that I just got from Amazon (we just booked on the TP for 5/29/06, very excited!) and discovered that many hotels rent kayaks, but there don't seem to be that many places listed that do kayak tours. There is a place on Tahiti Iti (in Teahupoo) called Xkmer that rents kayaks, gives lessons, and does half-day and full-day guided tours. Their e-mail address is xavierkmer@hotmail.com. One of my guidebooks also mentions Bora Bora Kayak listed, but their website listed in the book doesn't seem to be working right (http://www.boraborakayak.com). The guidebook also says that they won't be in operation until July 2005, so that could be why their site isn't up.

I just looked in my Tahiti guidebooks that I just got from Amazon (we just booked on the TP for 5/29/06, very excited!) and discovered that many hotels rent kayaks, but there don't seem to be that many places listed that do kayak tours. There is a place on Tahiti Iti (in Teahupoo) called Xkmer that rents kayaks, gives lessons, and does half-day and full-day guided tours. Their e-mail address is xavierkmer@hotmail.com. One of my guidebooks also mentions Bora Bora Kayak listed, but their website listed in the book doesn't seem to be working right (http://www.boraborakayak.com). The guidebook also says that they won't be in operation until July 2005, so that could be why their site isn't up.

Thank you!!!!

While in FP we didn't see any formal tours. Rather, our hotel just provided the kayaks/outrigger canoes for use. We had a blast exploring on our own (and we learned the hard way that kayaks are much better than the canoes). We used the kayaks to circle some of the motus as well as to find good snorkeling spots. Now I wish I had let DH talk me into taking the kayak out further. On Bora Bora we saw some people go out very close to the barrier reef. I guess that's something we'll just have to do on a return trip :D

Archived