Sailing Gaspe to La Baie to Quebec City

Hi! I was wondering if anyone had information on things to watch for (besides whales) and points of interest along the way as we sail the St Lawrence from Gaspe to La Baie (Saguenay) down through the Fjord, and then on to Quebec City.

When we sailed out of NYC and out of New Orleans, I had some wonderful lists people had shared with information on what you will see as you are sailing out the river.

I would love to have something like that for this cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

We did 2 different trips in this area both on the Eurodam (S/B Quebec to FLL and N/B NYC to Quebec). On the first we visited Gaspe, but I really can't offer much info as it was extremely foggy. I have heard that you may be able to see Perce Rock though if it is clear. On the second, we visited Saguenay and it was beautiful sailing the fjord. They people in town had a wonderful welcome for us on the pier! On departure from Saguenay, you will want to be on the starboard side, either on the promenade walking deck or uptop on the open deck if the weather is nice. The ship will have a brief stop infront of the Virgin Mary statue on the cliff and they will play 'Ave Maria' over the ships speaker system... I found it to be quiet a moving event, and it seemed many others were quite moved also. As mentioned, keep an eye out for beluga whale, though we didn't see any. I can't remember if you are sailing N/B to Quebec City, but if you are get out on deck early as the scenery is beautiful! I was up by the aft lido pool so I could walk side to side as the scenery changed. The beautiful farmland and churches are wonderful. You may chose to move to the bow as you approach the city. As you get very close to dock you will see the Montmorency falls in the distance to starboard and you will have some amazing views of Old Quebec City. I'm sure I am missing something but hope it helps a bit. Also, Once docked, you can get some neat photos of the ship with the city in the background if you take the ferry across the river. We did that and didn't even get off the boat, I think it was under $5.

Did you already get some good NYC sailaway info? I have posted some in the past. If you need any other port info let me know.

Thank you so much! That is exactly what I was looking for. We don't leave La Baie until 7pm, so I don't know if they will do the statue and song, but I will be ready on the correct side just in case.

We get into Quebec City at 8am (turn around for those doing the 7 day cruise), but I will definitely be up on deck early to see the scenery.

I believe you were one of the people who helped me before our NYC cruise last year. I've been spoiled now. :)

Archived