Old Family & Friends Next Cruise Certficate

smallchange

Purchased a Family & Friends Next Cruise Certificate while on cruise in March 2012. Recently booked a cruise using the certificate. Told two other couples to mention my booking to receive same deal (as it says on certificate). When they tried that when booking the RCI rep said they couldn't. Anyone have a guess why? I haven't called yet myself and my friend did not push the issue. I know that RCI does not offer this type of certificate any longer, but seems like they should honor ones still out there.

Purchased a Family & Friends Next Cruise Certificate while on cruise in March 2012. Recently booked a cruise using the certificate. Told two other couples to mention my booking to receive same deal (as it says on certificate). When they tried that when booking the RCI rep said they couldn't. Anyone have a guess why? I haven't called yet myself and my friend did not push the issue. I know that RCI does not offer this type of certificate any longer, but seems like they should honor ones still out there.

They should and will honor the offer, but you might have to call and explain it to the representative. Old Next Cruise certificates are honored with the perks (or restrictions) that were in place at their date of purchase. :)

Certificates for F&F are not issued per se, but you can create up to 3 NC bookings per person per cruise and then you can transfer one/two of those to family & friends. With the new system, family and friends do not have to book the same cruise as you do, but they would still receive the benefits as long as they are C&A Members.

As Patti said, you must call back and emphasize when they were received.

Just got off phone with RCI rep who was most helpful. My friend has received the $100 OBC and offered a refund on deposit since she paid more than $100. Deposit wasn't the important thing, OBC was so that was straightened out. Called friend to tell her the good news and she had also straightened out a problem with RCI. When booking there was a sale on balcony rooms ($250 off) and the rep refused to give that to her for some reason and remember she wasn't given the F&F deal either. She called because she wanted to change her stateroom to one along side another friend. That rep was very helpful and gave her the $250 credit.

I think moral of story is--if you're not getting satisfaction from one rep, thank them, hang up, call back and talk to another.

Archived