What restaurant chains would you compare Celebrity food to?

FolsomMike

Boy...I hope your expectations are met.

On the Solstice, I'd say the experience wasn't even in the Bellagio or Wynn ballpark. That doesn't make it bad, just not close (and I've stayed in both).

Using the Vegas reference, think more along the lines of Treasure Island or Riviera without the "glitz" and you'll get close. Actually, the food at Treasure Island or Riviera would be better.

I would respectfully disagree. I've stayed at the Encore (Wynn) and sailed Celebrity. I found them comparable.

Service is great, they really bend over backwards (at least our experience).

Murano and Tuscan rival a moderately upscale meal on land. (Ruth's Chris perhaps.) Now do they rival the BEST restaurants on land? (Alinea, French Laundry, Joel Robuchon, etc.) No, but few land restaurants do m either - that's what makes this uber class of restaurants so special. But we felt that the meals we got at Murano and Tuscan would have been easily in the 200-300 range on land (particularly in over priced Vegas).

Qsine we were less impressed with, because it seemed to us that the "gimmick" was just putting relatively ordinary food (California rolls, anyone? sliders? etc.) into creative presentatins (lollipops, light up dishes etc). The food itself was kind of meh. But that's just one opinion.

As far as MDR, it varied. Defeintely the banquet analogy applies. But a banquet at a good hotel. :) We are looking forward to Blu for our next cruise, so I can't report on that yet.

Oceanview to me was as good (or better) than one of the better vegas buffets (Bellagio, Casaers, etc.)

I think you will be pleased.

Edited by shoelover536