Viking Cruisers -When did you get pre-trip pkg?

Bill'sBride

Most of the info found in these documents can also be found on the Viking website - there is a ton of information under the "Your Trip" section that is very helpful and is available 24/7.

The pre-trip documents do contain trip specific info, but to be honest, the only info that I didn't already know before hand was about the optional excursions and a schedule for the pre and post cruise extensions.

I guess the problem is that some people aren't comfortable with the internet for getting their information - I know my mother was panicking because we just got our trip documents today (10/5) and we leave for our cruise on 10/16. She wanted documents in hand. But really, it was no big deal - we already knew about airline info, transfers, hotels, itinerary, tours, etc. All that worrying was for nothing!!!

It would be nice to know about the optionals that will be offered ahead of time. Other than asking here on CC for info from previous cruisers is there a way to find out on Viking's website or by calling them?

I was planning an afternoon tour outside of Budapest for our day there before boarding and then when I got my documents 2 weeks before our trip I learned that Viking offers a similar tour.

With other companies I've used I've known about optionals at the time of booking and then can plan accordingly.

Sparky are you talking about optional tours that cost additional money? If so, you still may want to book one yourself if it's something you really want to see. Optional tours need to populate with a minimum number so there's no guarantee they'll go.

jacksonnh - thanks for that heads up - hadn't even considered it might not run for lack of numbers. In this case, our price was about the same for a private guide with just the 2 of us so that made it a better choice. Hmm...will keep that in mind for the future, though, that optional excursions are not guaranteed to run and if visiting a place is very important to me I'll make other arrangements.

Archived