RCCL - Enchantment of the Seas Wedding Review 10/28/2013 - FINAL CALL TODAY

Hello All!

I am doing an early review as FLOGDOG did it and I LOVED IT!

I got my final call today…..i know what you are saying ***?? You still have 37 days!......if you haven’t heard me say this many times I have had great communication with RCCL no complaints no problems. They have been amazing always answering my emails within 24hours. Here are a few of my notes that we went over and some of my thoughts mixed in!

What we are adding to make our wedding unique:

- 12 people in the wedding party

- 66 guests

- 2 cakes stacked on top of each other

- Cake topper

- Sound technician with microphone

- Decorations

- Sand Ceremony

- Hershey’s favours

- Guest gift bags the night before

1) They went over all details of the day of the wedding it was great! They make sure your ideas and thoughts are the same as there’s and every details is correct on the forms including spelling and all. They went over the day of timeline. Ceremony will be at 12:30 reception at 1:00 p.m. Told me who to look for at the port what non sailing and sailing guests will do they told me EVERYTHING!

2) RCCL is expensive! This is not a cheap wedding by any means my tip is keep your guest list under 50 if you are on a budget. Unfortunately we could not and have 66 guests which makes us have to purchase a full lunch buffet which is 48 per person instead of 38 for the HORS D’Oeuvres which is what we really wanted but its all good. I will be frank with you our bill is $4000.00 for just the reception plus the ceremony which we purchased a year and half ago which was 3000.00 total bill for just the wedding is $10,000 which includes our cruise cost but does not include favours, dress, decorations and such. Under 50 people would’ve be $8000.00 Just some advice is all not complaining just keeping it real to my new planners.

3) There is no Aisle runner I had thought all this time there was one but they advised me there is NOT

4) Our wedding will be in The Spotlight Lounge looks very nice to me but is set up where everyone is sitting around the dance floor instead of aisles which is fine with me but some people might not like it.

5) Non sailing guests cannot have any luggage with them as they will not check it in or let them bring it on!!! I was not aware of this too.

6) Music I am sure you all know your music must be marked and they tell you exactly how to mark is #1 Processional #2 Bride entrance and so forth seems pretty strict about this!

7) I am very excited! I have been on this board for 578 days I believe which is when we decided to have a cruise wedding for anyone that is feeling it’s a long time trust me it was at first but now its moving very fast!!!

Any questions I would be glad to answer as I know when you are far out its seems strange to ask the wedding department questions. ASK AWAY! I have been planning for 18 months. You can see my thread on my gifts bags which I purchased over a years’ time as well!. I am officially done buying stuff I have everything from gifts to the wedding party to favors for all guests!

Edited by lightskinedgyal

HI

I am so glad to hear you are doing a review in your upcoming wedding!

Royal Caribbean reviews are hard to find :) I would love to see pics too

Did you go with their flowers? did they show you pics of what they offer?

I booked my renewal 5 months ago and I still have until March 2014. Ahh wish it was here already.

Good Luck!!

Gisela

Great! I will defiantly pics up when I come back. We bought silk flowers from a nice lady in the states who I found on this site under silk flowers topic lol. She had great communication. With my a lave I do receive one bouquet and o e bout probably give into the kids or my mom lol white lowers don't go with my colours I got nice purples andinks I my bouquet.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 weeks later...

Today i am annoyed!

It took RCCL two days to answer my email about adding a guests usually they write back to me in the same day! O well im just being inpatient because its so close LOL

SOOO i am annoyed because 4 people have asked to come to our wedding 20 days before the wedding WHY WHY WHY? you had 18 months’ notice do you decide 20 days before that you would like to come I DONT KNOW!

LOL just wanted to vent. Unfortunately now i have to look like a b@t#h and tell them they cannot come because we will have to pay an 250 dollar penalty to change anything!

I'm sorry your friends couldn't respect your timeline. Totally understand that one! Just tell them that the list has already been sent to security for processing, and royal caribbean will not allow changes. Sorry you have to put up with this!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I am back from a beautiful wedding! It was magical I tell ya!

I took so much advice from here and made my wedding perfect for me! Here we go!

Oct 27th

We had a rehearsal dinner with all 66 guest we did the speeches and I made a PowerPoint presentation with pictures of almost everyone that was there it was great everyone loved it! We did this at the hotel it cost us around 1500 with food wasn't too bad and was totally worth it we had a private hall. The speeches were the best no one had to rush. I also gave out the welcome bags here which I know everyone enjoyed because I saw them using the stuff throughout the cruise! Specially the key card holders were a hit! ImageUploadedByForums1383659231.926774.jpg.e5d824d6f8a9862f5b0d3913eba0f815.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1383659254.662958.jpg.bde0d46a3cc35bf7d048926693c63e62.jpg

This is what I wore to the rehearsal dinner it was a second wedding dress lol

Oct 28th wedding day!

This day like all brides say was crazy! I assigned two friends who were not in the wedding party to organize all guest so I didn't have any worries. They got everyone on the shuttle and me and a few people went In a limo to the cruise was nice to be alone with my moms and maid of honour lol - 10 am

We arrived at the cruise at 10 :30 greeted by porters and went through security found our wedding planners waiting upstairs for me they made me not wait for anyone else one of my guests was having a panick attack but everyone took care of her she was scared of the cruise I handed all my decorations to my two friends in charge and went to my room and my groom went to his. I had an hour until the wedding. My bridesmaides came up and changed and then left my maid of honour helped me changed and then left to do the quick rehearsal. 12:00 p.m I was left with just me and mom I felt gorgeous and we took a couple pics lol they came at 12:20 to get me and it was show time!

I walked down the aisle to the so g thousand years from twilight and cried lol I missed my father he passed away but also because it was so surreal and beautiful! It was my dream coming true.

ImageUploadedByForums1383659767.819770.jpg.e47e5b16d04aacbeb880c60997f7645e.jpg

I met my groom at the altar and I was fine again looking at him I knew I was ready!

The wedding was magical the person who married us was amazing!

ImageUploadedByForums1383659850.886805.jpg.4c41b7912b84def80e2b6cf058707683.jpg

My cake table was breathtaking I brought everything on that table of colour lol

ImageUploadedByForums1383659884.796209.jpg.5fcac3bdec523f017369158bd7415db3.jpg

It was the best wedding u could imagine we brought our own photographer and used there's for the first hour there's did not take any pictures outside so I was happy we had our own to take pics outside.

ImageUploadedByForums1383659952.866280.jpg.f92747758bc6091e08faac3ea31076ff.jpg

There was plenty of food for everyone they all said it was good I didn't eat was not enough time lol

ImageUploadedByForums1383659995.906132.jpg.b57803fb3491520eca642d00ef42489a.jpg

At 2 pm they announced non cruisers had to leave and they were not playing around we said goodbye and went outside the room. To take more pictures!

The rest of the cruise was great we had wonderful weather and a lovely cruise!

After the cruise me and my husbandddd went to Disney for a few days alone it was great to have alone time on the cruise we did a little but many people wanted to hang out with us lol

ImageUploadedByForums1383660144.003847.jpg.e466f79c2b7208ff77cad01ce4c1447e.jpg

Any questions if would be happy to answer I will post a picture of our favour table tomorrow it was beautiful too.....you can also kinda see my aisle runner all theses decorations I brought so if u want it to be unique you gotta bring it!