Taxis and pedestrian streets

angeldevil

Let me apologize in advance for yet another taxi question.:)

But I am curious how it will work since I am planning on taking a taxi from the airport to my hotel but the hotel is located on a pedestrian street.

Is there a back entrance taxis will drop off at?

(If it matters this ride will happen on a Sat about 8 am.)

Dare I say 'it depends'? Not all the pedestrian streets are pedestrian all the time. Some are only certain hours, some allow access to authorised vehicles via electric bollard, and some are pedestrian only permanently.

So, if the taxi is able to drop you at the door he will. If not then he will stop as near as he can. If his English is good you could ask about alternate entrance. Which gives me an idea, email the hotel to see what they recommend.

As it happens I will be in barcelona from friday until sunday, if you can give me the adress i can take a look, if i am in that part of the city (so no promises but if i can i will).

Let me apologize in advance for yet another taxi question.:)

But I am curious how it will work since I am planning on taking a taxi from the airport to my hotel but the hotel is located on a pedestrian street.

Is there a back entrance taxis will drop off at?

(If it matters this ride will happen on a Sat about 8 am.)

Which hotel?

The road is indeed 'restricted', however it does look to be open for taxis and authorised vehicles.

Car access is only one way and is through a pedestrian area. At certain times (but I could not easily work out when exactly) it is closed. If the taxi is unable to get down the street then ask him to drop you at La Rambla end. From there it is a very easy, flat, no kerbs, 1 minute walk. The other end is quite a bit longer.

When I walked down the street on Saturday there were cars parked along it, I think your arrival time of about 8am on a Saturday will not be an issue.

Note that you probably will not be able to checkin at that time but you should be able to leave your luggage there.

The road is indeed 'restricted', however it does look to be open for taxis and authorised vehicles.

Car access is only one way and is through a pedestrian area. At certain times (but I could not easily work out when exactly) it is closed. If the taxi is unable to get down the street then ask him to drop you at La Rambla end. From there it is a very easy, flat, no kerbs, 1 minute walk. The other end is quite a bit longer.

When I walked down the street on Saturday there were cars parked along it, I think your arrival time of about 8am on a Saturday will not be an issue.

Note that you probably will not be able to checkin at that time but you should be able to leave your luggage there.

Thank you so much for checking it out for me. You have helped relieve some of my stress!

Archived