Excursion questions

Techycruiser

My DH and I are cruising out of Norfolk on 10/13 to the Bahamas. This is our second time there so we pretty much were not planning anything special but we had talked about Atlantas. But in May, I suffered a mid-brain stroke and even though I have improved greatly, walking for a long distance is still quite a challenge. My DH says that we will do whatever I want, but I don't want to get on an excursion that requires something that I can't do. Other than walking around the straw markets, I don't know of too much to do, because I want to stay close to the ship in case I need to get back.

Any suggestions?

I remember that the walk from the pier to the custom's gate was a little far, but I think I can do that okay, but then it is after that, where my concern is. I was looking for something in the immediate area. How far is the straw market? Maybe there is an excursion there, I will have to look.

I remember that the walk from the pier to the custom's gate was a little far, but I think I can do that okay, but then it is after that, where my concern is. I was looking for something in the immediate area. How far is the straw market? Maybe there is an excursion there, I will have to look.

Of course, your best bet is to jump in a cab at the gate and go somewhere that doesn't require alot of walking.

You could:

Go to the Fish Fry for lunch (taxi can drop you and pick you up)

Go to the Hilton - (it's a short walk thru the lobby to the beach and pool) - this hotel has both beach and pool service, so no getting up and walking to get a drink.

Go for a guided tour (Drivers are waiting outside the port exit to take you. $50 an hour for your group). With a little research, you can ask your driver to take you to specific locations. Cultural or historic, scenic or inner city. It's your tour.

Archived