Barcelona Restaurants

We are getting ready for our pre-cruise (RC Brilliance 8/4/05) stay in

Barcelona. Any recommendations and names of restaurants previous visitors to Barcelona would like to pass on? Looking for good value, great Barcelona experience and place which would accommodate our family's varied taste for

the new and different... We will be staying at the Placa de Catalunya but

any restaurants in the city with recommended dishes would be appreciated!

:D:confused:

We just came back from Barcelona and had a wonderful dinner at Tenorio Braseria at Passeig de Gracia 37. We all had the paella which was recommended on Frommer's. It has very modern decor and very interesting food. The prices were moderate. They accept reservations via e-mail which is restaurant@webares.com. Make sure you reference Tenorio Braseria as it is a site for other restaurants.

We went to Les Quinze Nits on recomedations and it was superb. It is a cookery school really and the lines get very long, we counted over 100 people as we left so be sure to go early (8.30 should be ok.)

Here is a review I found on the net.

So what is that line all about on Plaza Reial?? Well, Les Quinze Nits Restaurant is why they line up all year long. The two story restaurant is really a culinary school where your meals are prepared by students. The reason for the line is that you can enjoy a white table cloth meal that serves decent portions for an inexpensive price. I recently had the salmon that was very fresh and flavorful. My friends had the Sea bass and the Veal, both good portions and very flavorful. The pastas can be a little over cooked and dry but the otherwise everything else was great for on average less than seven euros. The salads we shared were fantastic and creative. We were able to share bread, wine, appetizers and salads then a main course followed by dessert and coffee all for around 20 Euros a person.

We just got back and we also went to Tenorio (listed above). Great place and works well because it has a variety of options. Go early to beat the smokers - Barcelona didn't seem to have non-smoking and I think the entire city smokes.

Archived