Conquest 9/1 Door decorating

LittleJeanne

I have seen in the fun times carnival has there own door decorating contest. Did they on your cruise? Did any of you win a prize from them and if so what?

We didn't see a contest either on our Sept 8th Conquest cruise. I am thinking that maybe they have a contest just for Halloween.

One question. Why?

Why not?

People will decorate anything and everything they can: homes, cars, office cubicles, dorm rooms, and cabin doors.

It's a great way for you and others to find your room and is an opportunity to show your individuality. And let's not celebration decor! It's fun! :)

• 2 months later...
I thought I would post a few pictures of the decorated doors around the ship from our last cruise.

I got more involved with the roll call here on Cruise Critic for this cruise and met some great people. Our group was slow to start, but ended up getting a lot more involved in the roll call during the last month.

I had never even participated in a door decorating contest and decided to sponsor one for our group. I had a small trophy, some candy and a ribbon for each winner. I definitely learned by doing and would alter a few things if I were to sponsor an event again.

As the judges were roaming the ship judging I took pics of all the doors that I found decorated and thought I'd share them all here since the question of what to decorate with or how to decorate often comes up on the boards.

I know this thread is a little old but I was wondering if you would be so kind as to tell me a few more details about the contest you held...specifically...who did you get to judge the doors and did Carnival provide the prize or did you just get it for the contest?

Any help you can provide would be really appreciated!