Gay Cruise on Norweigian Gem this week?

mathan416

Hey Everyone,

Is there a gay or Bear cruise event going on Norweigian Gem to Canada and New England from New York that set sail on Saturday or Sunday last week? I've been trying to find out.

My cousin (straight) is on the ship right now and she pinged me asking me about being called a goldilocks - She has two cousins that are gay and Bearish - me & my husband, and her other cousin & his husband. In short, she likes being in the company of us.

She responded - and I laughed saying, "So the answer is yes. Although I must admit we didn't go to the jock strap party". *ROTFL*

It sounds like they're having a GREAT time.

Yes, if you Google "Bear cruise Norwegian Gem" this is what came up:

Arno's Daddy Bear Cruise 2013

September 28, 2013 - October 5, 2013 on the Norwegian GEM from NCL

It's under bearcruiseusa.com

Under their FAQ section this is what I found:

Just curious, will this ship be for bears only?

No, it’s not an all-gay cruise. We block a large group of rooms on the ship. This way, we can get you prices which are even lower than all-gay cruises and lower than what RCCL will charge the general public. Any negotiated discounts and upgraded cabins will automatically be passed on to you, our valued clients and friends. We are a mix of bears, chubs, cubs and chasers, admirers and their lesbian and straight friends. Segregation ended a long time ago, and, as we all know, straight people and women like us as much as anyone else. It’s a matter of mutual respect for each other, and you certainly don’t have to hide who and/or what you are. People are people and when they come together for a great party experience. It truly will be a memorable event. You are all welcome onboard and that is what will help make your vacation experience so unique.

Under their FAQ section this is what I found:

Just curious, will this ship be for bears only?

No, it’s not an all-gay cruise. We block a large group of rooms on the ship. This way, we can get you prices which are even lower than all-gay cruises and lower than what RCCL will charge the general public. Any negotiated discounts and upgraded cabins will automatically be passed on to you, our valued clients and friends. We are a mix of bears, chubs, cubs and chasers, admirers and their lesbian and straight friends. Segregation ended a long time ago, and, as we all know, straight people and women like us as much as anyone else. It’s a matter of mutual respect for each other, and you certainly don’t have to hide who and/or what you are. People are people and when they come together for a great party experience. It truly will be a memorable event. You are all welcome onboard and that is what will help make your vacation experience so unique.

Emphasis is mine. Gay charters are not about hiding. :rolleyes: I am out everywhere and every day and gay charters are some of the best vacations there are, for me.

Yes, if you Google "Bear cruise Norwegian Gem" this is what came up:

Arno's Daddy Bear Cruise 2013

September 28, 2013 - October 5, 2013 on the Norwegian GEM from NCL

Thanks for that - I didn't see it when searching. Now THAT is hilarious and awesome. :)

Archived