Just upgraded to a GTY BX cabin

caseympierce

Just upgraded from an inside cabin to a GTY BX category on the Breakaway. I know that upgrades are few and far between and am not holding my breath, however I know there's only 4 total of these on the ship. So, just wondering what someone who booked a GTY BX Balcony ended up with? Not sure what we should expect. If we ended up getting 1 of the 4 in this category that'd be great, but I know it seems unlikely.

Just upgraded from an inside cabin to a GTY BX category on the Breakaway. I know that upgrades are few and far between and am not holding my breath, however I know there's only 4 total of these on the ship. So, just wondering what someone who booked a GTY BX Balcony ended up with? Not sure what we should expect. If we ended up getting 1 of the 4 in this category that'd be great, but I know it seems unlikely.

The good news is...you won't get anything worse. So the only way is up! Always nice IMO. Most likely scenario is BA to BD but it depends. We just went from an Oceanview to a mini suite, combining a free upgrade with a $30 upsell on the Pearl. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do just fine.

The good news is...you won't get anything worse. So the only way is up! Always nice IMO. Most likely scenario is BA to BD but it depends. We just went from an Oceanview to a mini suite, combining a free upgrade with a $30 upsell on the Pearl. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do just fine.

B6ConMe is right the only way is up, so look up and enjoy the sunny skies. Congratulations!

I was on the Breakaway last week and, like you, upgraded to a GTY - BX. Luckily we ended up having a deck 13 balcony (category BC). It was great, as we had never cruised on a balcony before. The ship is lots of fun. Enjoy!

I got lucking twice. Both times I book inside cabins and waiting for the last minute to upgrade to a GTY balcony.

On the Sky I went from IF cabin to a BA balcony.

The Breakaway was even better. (free upgrade) I went from I2 cabin to a BD balcony.

Thanks everyone!

You're more than welcome, only thing is, now we'll want to know how it turns out... so good luck again and congrats too. Hopefully you'll let us know how it works out.

When you pack your bags, don't forget to include an ample supply of humor and good will.

Enjoy your cruise

• 8 months later...