Can you help me with cruise tips?

So what are some of the tips you've already given your friend that might help some other first time cruisers such as me?

Hi other tips besides the ones posted on here were:

"If you can't decide on a dessert you can order more than one and share for no extra cost".

the next day was;

"In light of yesterdays cruise tip: try and take the stairs as much as possible to avoid too much weight gain and there is also a gym on the ship"!

"Make sure you leave some clothes out on the last night as you have to put your suitcase out and you don't want to disembark in your pjs".

"If you don't have enough coat hangers just ask your cabin steward to bring some more"

"Ask your cabin Steward to bring ice each day"

"Be nice to your cabin steward and tip them at the end of your cruise, they work so hard for such a small amount of money"

"Go to the library on the first day before all the good books are nabbed"

"Buy water shoes for when on the islands as there is often sharp coral and coral cuts can easily get infected, Kmart had them for $8 before my last cruise".

"Take a drink bottle with a wide top so you can fill it up from glasses of water in the buffet, that way you'll have free water for when you go ashore".

If you feel sea sick go straight away to the desk reception area and they can give you sea sick tablets. I found this invaluable on a short trip from Sydney to Melbourne was feeling awful and the tablets made me feel great for the rest of the trip.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks again everyone my friend came home so happy and already has me booking her another cruise and she is saying she is addicted. She loved all the tips and help so much that she arrived at my place with a massage voucher for me. Gotta love cruise critic. :)

Don't wear pretty full dresses on deck whilst it's windy or make sure you have your best undies on.

Many an old man has ended up smiling when a pretty young lass has flashed her undies when the wind has picked up her dress or skirt.

It's not just the old men either ;)