Cabana Beach or Blue Bay Beach

Snowball

I will be visiting Curacao in about 2 weeks on the Jewel of the Seas, and I am torn as to which beach to visit. I know the Playa Porto Mari is reported to be the best beach on the island, but it is also the farthest away from the pier and the taxi cost is pricey.

I am looking for a nice (non-rocky) beach that is a little closer. Would you recommend Cabana Beach (aka Kontiki Beach) or Blue Bay Beach? I think they are both around the same distance from the pier - but I'm not even 100% sure about that.

Any help or info you can share about these beaches would be great. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Kontiki beach is a line of resorts ending at the sea Aquarium - very pretty, lots of nice sand beaches all in a row- snorkelling not so good but lovely safe clear water to swim in - lots of bars/ cafes etc

Blue bay is just one beach within a large housing estate/golf course - better snorkelling from all accounts

Both in opposite directions

Also worth looking at Pisca bay - /Pirate bay - half the distance from the port of the other 2

Porto Marie is around 30 min drive - beautiful beach/ cafe /superb snorkelling and lovely safe swimming

I think it all depends on how much time you have and how much you want to spend on a taxi