Flightseeing in New Zealand

PennyB

We are cruising on Celebrity Solstice in December and I am really struggling with excursions. We cruised/land toured in Alaska last summer and we loved the excursions that had sightseeing planes and helicopters. I've googled and followed several links, wrote them and they all said that their service is not an option for people on cruise ships. Can anyone help me out? Thanks !

• 1 month later...
We are cruising on Celebrity Solstice in December and I am really struggling with excursions. We cruised/land toured in Alaska last summer and we loved the excursions that had sightseeing planes and helicopters. I've googled and followed several links, wrote them and they all said that their service is not an option for people on cruise ships. Can anyone help me out? Thanks !

Penny

I think the reason is simply the stops and getting to and from the boat in some cases for example milford sound.

There is an awesome flight opportunity there, though its not offered on the solstice, air milford do flights from Milford Sound to Queenstown over Mt Aspiring National Park, in my opinion the best scenic flight I have ever done, though we were on a ground tour on that trip.

You could try contacting them to see if they can assist or provide any advice they have a website http://www.airmilford.co.nz/

I hope this helps

Cheers

Rick