Zipline in St Kitts or St Thomas

heather6699

St Kitts Ziplining is the BEST...my recommendation would be for St. Kitts. I have done quite a few and this was the most fun and enjoyable. Where they take you for the zip lining is also a bonus. It is high up on the mountain and there are beautiful views of the beach/ocean while you are zip lining from mountain to mountain.

• 2 weeks later...

That's good to hear, because I've promised DD that this will be the trip we go ziplining, and this is the island we booked it on. It was either St. Kitts or Labadee and the price was the same. I couldn't see the price for that one long zipline on Labadee ... this one sounded like a much fuller experience.

All of my pictures are not available right now, but this one is the last zip line you go down and 2 people go at the same time and they take a picture of you both zipping down the last line. It is by far the shortest and all the rest are about 4x longer than this one or more. There are no hand brakes as it is set up for the springs at the end of the line to stop you.

ry%3D400

This is one of the other lines. Which there are quite a few of.

ry%3D400

If i can get to more (I am at work currently) I will post some of the better ones.

I didn't realize that two of us can go together at one point ... that is awesome. Our vacations are all about making special memories ... and this one sounds tailor-made for that.

The only zipline I've done up to this point is the one that goes down Fremont Street Experience in Las Vegas. It was so much fun!

Edited by emeraldcity

We will be on Carnival and I can't decide between ziplining in St. Kitts or St. Thomas. It seems we have to book through the ship for these. Has anyone by chance done both?

We have not ziplined in St. Thomas, but we have zipped at Sky Safaris in St. Kitts. We have also zipped in St. Lucia, Roatan and Jamaica, but because of the length of lines and speed, I still think Sky Safaris was my favorite.

Sky Safaris in St. Kitts offers five lines with the longest line extending 1350 feet. Reaching speeds up to 80 km (50 miles) per hour while zipping 250 feet above the forest floor of a tropical rainforest was truly an exhilarating, daring and adventurous experience! Ski Safaris advertises they have the safest cable ride system in the world and riders are brought to a stop through a modern spring-breaking system. When approaching the platform at the end of each run, this breaking system requires you to bend your knees, spread your legs apart and lean back. Unless you have physical/mobile capabilities, you should have no problem doing this.

For a more detailed description and to see photos of our zipline adventure, please check out my review by clicking on the link below and reading posts #154 - #156.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1038334&page=8

I have also put together a youtube video of our zipline excursion.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Does the ziplining excursion stay pretty much on schedule? We're booked for a spa treatment in the afternoon and don't want to be late for that. It looks like there's enough time, but for those who have done this, how long did the excursion actually last including transportation time?

Does the ziplining excursion stay pretty much on schedule? We're booked for a spa treatment in the afternoon and don't want to be late for that. It looks like there's enough time, but for those who have done this, how long did the excursion actually last including transportation time?

I suppose how long it takes for you to complete the runs really depends on how many people are zipping together in your group. With our family of 5, we were able to complete all 5 zips in 1 1/2 hours--if there are less people the time it takes to complete the zips should be faster. As for the transportation, I do not remember the drive being that long--likely between 10-15 minutes from the cruise port to get there and then back again.