Sun Review - October 9th - Southern

sonicbuffalo

DSC_3596_5634.jpg

DSC_3597_5635.jpg

We are now leaving or getting ready to leave Curacao to the sound of the drums on the pier

DSC_3598_5636.jpg

notice the swimming pool complex in the background....they had some money tied up in this.

DSC_3600_5638.jpg

officially leaving Curacao....swinging around the island

DSC_3601_5639.jpg

all the smokestacks in the background are at the refinery

DSC_3605_5643.jpg

DSC_3606_5644.jpg

DSC_3607_5645.jpg

The last time we were here on the Carnival Miracle, we docked on the other side of the swinging bridge

DSC_3608_5646.jpg

DSC_3611_5649.jpg

deck 5 by the atrium.....

DSC_3612_5650.jpg

deck 5 looking across at the excursion desk and the guest services desk

DSC_3613_5651.jpg

Ernie & Pat from Tampa and of course Mike & Donna at supper

We have never cruise NCL & are use to CCL dinner menus... some nights are better for other in the dining room. There is typically a night of steak and another night of lobster. Were there any nights like this on NCL... we want to book a dinner in the moderno but don't want to book it on one of these nights. Thanks!

We were on the same cruise. We had scrumptious filet mignon in both Moderno and Teppanyaki.

It was the best cruise we have ever been on also. Probably due to ports, ship, crew and the people we met.

Chris, missed you and Ginny at the Meet and Greet. We were probably right down the hall from you in 0033. Love reading and seeing through your eyes.

We were on the same cruise. We had scrumptious filet mignon in both Moderno and Teppanyaki.

It was the best cruise we have ever been on also. Probably due to ports, ship, crew and the people we met.

Chris, missed you and Ginny at the Meet and Greet. We were probably right down the hall from you in 0033. Love reading and seeing through your eyes.

Sorry about the Meet & Greet. We honestly meant to be there but had just met Mike & Donna and we were hanging out with them and forgot to check the time. We really wish we could have met you guys too!

How was the motion of the ocean on this boat? On our cruise board they are talking about how rough it will be without having stabilizers.... I get mildly motion sick if I don't stay on top of taking meds but with it, I'm fine... What can we expect from feeling the motion as compared to the larger ships with stabilizers?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

How was the motion of the ocean on this boat? On our cruise board they are talking about how rough it will be without having stabilizers.... I get mildly motion sick if I don't stay on top of taking meds but with it, I'm fine... What can we expect from feeling the motion as compared to the larger ships with stabilizers?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just happened to notice your question, and thought I'd attempt to answer. It's been 3 years since I've been on the Sun, however I don't remember any more motion on the Sun than the EPIC, Dawn, Jewel, or Pearl.

Enjoy your trip :)

DSC_3653_5429.jpg

A mural painted on the side of one of the shops. We were let out for 45 minutes of shopping though all the crafts tents.

DSC_3654_5430.jpg

DSC_3655_5431.jpg

poor dog needed some water it was so hot. Richard, our French-Canadian friend brought some water over to him....

DSC_3656_5432.jpg

The fort on top of the hill....one thing I've noticed is that practically all the islands is the eastern Carribean have a fort or two....I guess they learned their lessons early.

DSC_3658_5434.jpg

DSC_3659_5435.jpg

The taxi driver wasn't sure what that building was....but it was big

DSC_3661_5437.jpg

heading to the famed Orient Beach

DSC_3662_5438.jpg

to the left where the bathing suits hang out...

DSC_3663_5439.jpg

DSC_3665_5441.jpg

One of my favorite beaches.....Orient Beach.....beautiful white silky white sand and turqoise blue waters

DSC_3666_5442.jpg

DSC_3669_5445.jpg

a beautiful little villa

Edited by sonicbuffalo

DSC_3680_5456.jpg

shopping in downtown St. Martin on the Dutch side after our tour

DSC_3681_5457.jpg

all the ladies caught in the act!

DSC_3682_5458.jpg

the water taxi back to the ship

DSC_3683_5325.jpg

DSC_3685_5327.jpg

DSC_3691_5333.jpg

Sorry but when I posted the water taxi, we went back to the ship...then the following pictures were of St. Thomas.

We will be on the Sun Nov 10 2013 cabins 1214 and 1215. Do you have any information about those cabins or the area. ???

Thanks

I was in cabin 1210 back in August of 2010, here are some pictures....http://s1118.photobucket.com/user/Doughboy139/slideshow/NCL%20Sun%20Mini-Suite%201210

Now that you are on St. Thomas, does this mean you're almost done:confused:. I have become addicted to this thread and will miss it when you're done. (Of course we can always come back and check it out again:))

Thanks for the compliment......I hope my pictures convey a sense of the island culture. I would have said more but most of what we did was captured by pictures. None of our group ate in the specialty dining rooms, and the food wasn't really worth taking pictures of plus I always thought it was kind of rude to jam a camera lens down towards the food to get pictures. We're not quite done yet....St. Thomas was a lot of fun and Ernie and Pat were with us all day!