ClUeLeSs AbOuT ClOtHeS

Friz

Work with what ya got! Not everyone can afford to buy a tux (or a suit for that matter) just for the cruise :D

Do you have a sport coat/jacket that you could wear with a button down shirt and a tie? Can you borrow one? How about slacks?

You don't have to wear a suit per se (matching jacket and pants), but just make sure they go well together and you should be fine.

Best regards,

~e

For my teenage son, I purchased a black sports coat, a pair of dark tan pants, a pair of black dress shoes, two shirts, one white, one off white and ties to go with each. All of it was on sale and I spent under $175 for everything. We had 2 cruises and a graduation fairly close, so I thought he would be wearing this stuff only on those 3 occasions. However, he has gotten quite a bit of use out of his dress clothes. So, you may be surprised at what a good investment it can be.

It might also work out to rent a tuxedo, they have them onboard, so packing could be cut down that way. If there are other males in your group, you may want to find out what they are planning for formal evenings.

For non-formal, dress slacks, my son wore the same dark tan slacks paired with another, less formal shirt. He did not wear his jacket those nights. For casual nights, he wore a pair of Docker style pants with short sleeved, collared shirts. The same pair of pants can be owrn numerous times and cleaned in between, this is a whole lot cheaper than buying several pair of long pants and a lot lighter to pack.

Mrsred is right, work with what you have already, you may already have a couple of shirts that are appropriate for a cruise, the people onboard are real people, not fashion models. You will have fun, my son (now 16) has been on 6 cruises so far and enjoys the teen club every time.

i thought your advise was great so thanks guys, it was also good to hear that kathy your son at sixteen still enjoys the teen club ( i was thinking it was more for younger kids but this made me feel much more enthusuastic to go to teens club)

Archived