River cruising with a child...

chirogirl

Hello. I am possibly looking into a river cruise through France next summer with my husband and 7 year old son. It seems that I can not find a child friendly cruise line that will provide a bed for my son. I was told that we can travel with Amaworld but that he would have to sleep on the floor. I believe for the price of river cruising he at least deserves a cot. Anyway, if anyone could be of help directing me to a family friendly cruise line, I would most appreciate it.

On my first Viking river cruise there was a family with 4 children. Two were older and had the cabin next to us and the two younger ones were in the cabin across the hall with their parents. I don't know what beds they had. It was on the Viking Spirit.

Everyone enjoyed the little girls, they would get up and dance to the music in the evenings.

I think your son would enjoy the tours.

I was on an all adult cruise last year, and over and over people commented on how nice it was to cruise without children around. I believe that certain cruise lines attempt to discourage child bookings, and those that sail them expect no children around and would be unreceptive if they were on board.

Right or wrong, I'm guessing that the OP would get a pretty chilly reception from the majority of their fellow cruisers if they did bring their child along. That's not the way I'd want to spend my vacation. My two cents.

Archived