Salon Services on Princess Question

Catnap All Day

We actually got two different couples massages a couple of years ago on the Coral Princess to Alaska. The first we paid full price for at $269.00 plus tip. The second was on a port day in Skagway, AK and we got a big discount. I just went and pulled out the actual receipt for the second massage and it was $59.50 each for a total of $119.00 plus tip. I know that that sounds like a huge discount, but I have my actual receipt from the salon and then it also appears on our folios as $59.50.

Maybe pick a day that you don't plan to get off the ship or schedule a massage and then plan your port day around it. :)

Unsolicited comments: I see a massage therapist on a regular basis, so I'm a little picky. The massage was good in my opinion, but not great. It was my husband's first massage so he enjoyed it. So much so, that he is the one that wanted to schedule the second massage. It's pretty neat because your tables are about two feet apart and at the end, the therapists take your hand and your husband's and join them...and then they slip out of the room so that you can have about 5 minutes of quiet time holding hands.

So, plan ahead and you could take advantage of the discounted rates. Also....they drop special rate cards or fliers in your mail box outside your cabin almost daily offering specials....sometimes 3-fer specials where you pick three for $99 ....like 15 minute back, 15 minute neck, 15 minute foot, and 15 minute facial... A nice way to try out different things.

As noted, they will run onboard specials, but often during odd times (like Dinner or during port), etc. You can't pre-book those, and no guarantee what will be offered, so if you really want something book it. Note that you MAY be able to cancel a pre-booked offering IF a better deal comes along (depends on the terms of booking)

Archived