Quick Glory 2 Day....Comments

MickCruiser

Hi all. Took a Glory 2 day from Miami to Nassau. We booked this with a bunch of friends about 6 mos ago. Had lido cabins. Had a price drop or two a few months ago but nothing since then. Can only go so low on a 2 day. I hear the boat was full and it felt like it.

Just some brief comments:

- FTFF was good as usual. Thought we wouldn't need when I heard the Glory was traveling empty from up North to Miami. But all cabins were still unavailable until 1.30 unless you were Plat + or FTTF.

- 2 day cruise crowds are different than your 7+ day crowd. Saw hardly any kids and most were >5 years old. This was definitely a 21 to 55 crowd.

- not much craziness going on that I saw

- went to the steakhouse on the 1st night and did not get free bottle of wine. I think someone in our group reached out to CCL before cruise and confirmed free bottle was available. No worries for us but wanted to share.

- steakhouse was good :-)

- had a missing person fire drill for two folks upon arrival in Nassau. It is what it is...but the downside of being awaken at 7.30am via in-cabin announcements and telling folks to return their cabins??? Then telling everyone when all is clear that breakfast is now being served. Buffett had wicked long lines. Fuhgetaboutit.....we hit the burrito bar.

- we were on the Glory before the 2.0 and can't recall what was in the place of what is now the two bars (RedFrog and Blue Iguana) on the lido. But compared to the Breeze, the lido seemed so small. With the live video feed in the Breeze of deck activities shown on the big screen, there's no need for stadium like seating.

- Nassau is putting up a long line of small vendor houses (?) right on the water outside the port entrance (when walking towards Sr Frogs). Not open but looks real close.

Overall had a blast and really looking towards the 8 day Southern Caribbean in March. :-)

Glad you had fun. I went in August and will be back on for Thanksgiving. Im excited (: Is she still in good shape?

Yes...she is quite well. The one comment I neglected to mention, which is not specific to the Glory, is CCL needs to open windows on the lido. It can get pretty hot with no circulation sometimes. While we were in Nassau saw an RCL ship that had sliding windows on the lido, which were open. :-)

We were on this 2-day. The cabins were ready for everyone when we boards a little before 12 (we were told by the person who gave us our room keys) and all the cabin halls were open when we walked on. no wait for us at all at that time, we walked straight on the ship and right to our room. Ship was in good shape. It was a nice mini get-a-way.

We were on the same sailing. It was a great little weekend getaway.

My husband and I also talked about the need to open windows on the Lido deck. If anything, to get the greasy grill smell out of there. Good observation!

Yes...she is quite well. The one comment I neglected to mention, which is not specific to the Glory, is CCL needs to open windows on the lido. It can get pretty hot with no circulation sometimes. While we were in Nassau saw an RCL ship that had sliding windows on the lido, which were open. :-)

Archived