New Year's on Oasis of the Seas..

Hate to say it but our experience on the Oasis for New Years was not enjoyable. It was out of Fort Lauderdale and NEVER have we experienced such rude passengers and I don't mean just a few!! Even the staff we talked to said the same. We only ate in the dining room once because of it. I hope your cruise is a better experience!!

Hi::)

We sailed on the Oasis of the Seas last year for NY Eve, and had a great time. We're D+ and had sailed on the Oasis Inaugural Cruise and then again last December.

No NY Eve cruise this year as we are sailing on the Legend of the Seas for t heir Dec.12th sailing.:D

You will have a great time. We've done about 10 NY Eve sailings and they are great; although twice the money. This time we are joining friends we met five years ago on the Independence of the Seas, where we were both celebrating our wedding anniversaries. Hi Lisa and Mike. We're celebrating our 48th and their celebrating their 25th anniversary...can't wait. We've stayed in touch these last five years, but this is the first time we've sailed together since then.

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10 (Anita):p

We sailed on the Oasis of the Seas last year for NY Eve, and had a great time. We're D+ and had sailed on the Oasis Inaugural Cruise and then again last December.

No NY Eve cruise this year as we are sailing on the Legend of the Seas for t heir Dec.12th sailing.:D

You will have a great time. We've done about 10 NY Eve sailings and they are great; although twice the money. This time we are joining friends we met five years ago on the Independence of the Seas, where we were both celebrating our wedding anniversaries. Hi Lisa and Mike. We're celebrating our 48th and their celebrating their 25th anniversary...can't wait. We've stayed in touch these last five years, but this is the first time we've sailed together since then.

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10 (Anita):p

Maybe you can answer a question that I can't get a straight answer from RCI :rolleyes:

Last year excluded because " most " sailings NYE fell on 2nd night. When NYE did NOT fall on the " normal formal night " did they rearrange the nights or was it casual dress. And did it change if it was a port day.. I'm sailing on Dec.29th we will be in PC from 1-11pm on NYE and have gotten answers from it will be a casual day and then others say it will be formal night and not the normal sea days of sailing.

All I can remember from all of our NY Eve cruises is....they all seem to be formal nights as it is NY Eve. I don't think the other formal nights were affected by this, but I really can't remember.

We're going on our 71st cruise in 5 weeks and after awhile, they all seem to run together...We've sailed on Princess and Carnival for NY Eve also, and I remember everyone dressing up in their most formal wear. If there were people dressing in casual wear, we didn't see them.:eek:

I love NY Eve cruises, but they're twice the money and living in Iowa, sometimes even our air fare is more than the cruise itself.

I love all the parties, balloons, champagne at midnight....get the free drinks fast as they didn't last too long. I will miss being on a ship for NY Eve this year, but really looking forward to the Legend of the Seas and the 11 day cruise in December. The ports of call are ones we haven't been to in a very long time.:p

Anyone going on a New Years Eve cruise will have a great time. We tried a local party one year when we weren't on a cruise, and it was such a disappointment, that we even left before midnight. I told my DH, if we're not on a ship, I don't want to do anything....:confused:

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

PS Get to the spot you want to be at early on NY Eve. We were upstairs by the picture area, looking over to the promenade area and right in front of us was the Rising Tide Bar. People paid a whole lot of money to be on the Rising Tide Bar for NY Eve; but to us, it didn't look like it was worth it. I think it was $500 for a couple, but I could be wrong. I know it was a lot of money and people had to wear special badges around their necks to prove they paid to be there. It was filled up, so a lot of people did have money for this, but again, it didn't look like anything special to us. We had to guard our spot on the railing, as people wanted to get in front of us to see....but we held our ground. A little boy was standing by me saving a spot for his mom who went to the restroom and someone tried to get the spot he was saving, and I said "he's saving that spot for his mom". I don't usually get involved, but I couldn't believe they were trying to get the spot he was saving.....there were a lot of pushy, rude people on this cruise, which was the only downer.....:mad:

All I can remember from all of our NY Eve cruises is....they all seem to be formal nights as it is NY Eve. I don't think the other formal nights were affected by this, but I really can't remember.

We're going on our 71st cruise in 5 weeks and after awhile, they all seem to run together...We've sailed on Princess and Carnival for NY Eve also, and I remember everyone dressing up in their most formal wear. If there were people dressing in casual wear, we didn't see them.:eek:

I love NY Eve cruises, but they're twice the money and living in Iowa, sometimes even our air fare is more than the cruise itself.

I love all the parties, balloons, champagne at midnight....get the free drinks fast as they didn't last too long. I will miss being on a ship for NY Eve this year, but really looking forward to the Legend of the Seas and the 11 day cruise in December. The ports of call are ones we haven't been to in a very long time.:p

Anyone going on a New Years Eve cruise will have a great time. We tried a local party one year when we weren't on a cruise, and it was such a disappointment, that we even left before midnight. I told my DH, if we're not on a ship, I don't want to do anything....:confused:

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

PS Get to the spot you want to be at early on NY Eve. We were upstairs by the picture area, looking over to the promenade area and right in front of us was the Rising Tide Bar. People paid a whole lot of money to be on the Rising Tide Bar for NY Eve; but to us, it didn't look like it was worth it. I think it was $500 for a couple, but I could be wrong. I know it was a lot of money and people had to wear special badges around their necks to prove they paid to be there. It was filled up, so a lot of people did have money for this, but again, it didn't look like anything special to us. We had to guard our spot on the railing, as people wanted to get in front of us to see....but we held our ground. A little boy was standing by me saving a spot for his mom who went to the restroom and someone tried to get the spot he was saving, and I said "he's saving that spot for his mom". I don't usually get involved, but I couldn't believe they were trying to get the spot he was saving.....there were a lot of pushy, rude people on this cruise, which was the only downer.....:mad:

We were on Oasis for New Year's Eve and had a great time. We also found a spot overlooking the promenade.Champagne was served at midnight on promenade. They also sold bottles of Champagne served in ice buckets.Everyone dressed up and it was like a fashion show with lots of young people.You will enjoy it.Safe place to be on New Year's Eve.

TY Sparkle 10 (Anita)

I'm excited for not my 1st cruise but my 1st NYE cruise :D WOW 71 cruises :D and why I'm sailing out of NJ because I can drive to the port and avoid the air but will also have 2 days of cold weather :eek: and a not so great itinerary. And lol the NY'ER in me will come out when the pushing starts :eek:

We were on Allure NYE 2011/12. I can't remember whether it was an additional "formal" night but most people certainly dressed up. I seem to remember they gave out things like hats, beads, feather headpieces for the ladies etc. The Royal Promenade was CROWDED. unbelievably crowded. We managed to cadge a seat in the champagne bar but only by getting there very early (can't remember exactly but certainly several hours in advance). Prime spots like Rising Tide and Schooner Bar are reserved for private parties and cost big bucks.

At midnight they handed out champagne and let drop a huge load of balloons. The atmosphere was terrific. One thing that was very good was that there were loads of different parties going on in different places. Eg teen type music in the Aqua Theatre. A Latin party in Studio B. More elegant and quiet affairs in Jazz on Four and Viking Lounge. I would say (as the cruise covered both) that they did NYE better than Christmas Eve. Having done it once I probably wouldn't do it again, just because of the massive cost! But I think if you're a big NYE person, go for it. If you're not really that bothered, or don't like crowds, give it a miss and save your money.

I think the royal promenade will be great I sorta wished it was on the top deck under the stars and moon with a possibility of seeing fireworks from either WDW or the FL coast that we are departing at 11pm. and as much as I am not wanting to eat at 6pm on NYE the way everyone is saying get there early it may not be all that bad after all :rolleyes: