Some Thoughts on Taste of De Librije

giustot

No disrespect intended, but having done the Librije experience myself, I think that this menu will be appreciated more by European guests, opposed to guests from North-America.

Especially if you look at the actual prices at the real Librije, this is an absolute steal!

Having sad this, taste or appreciation of food in general is very personal indeed and I will not judge your review of the diner in any way, but would like to add that the dishes offered in the Librije experience, reflect European style restaurants and the mentioned style of dishes are quite often found in many high end restaurants on this side of the pond and appreciated by many.

----

I totally agree with you. These dishes look delicious and many Europeans will appreciate this. After looking at the pics, I also think that the sizes of the portions are fine, certainly not too small. If someone prefers large portions i suggest the Lido...

• 2 years later...
No disrespect intended, but having done the Librije experience myself, I think that this menu will be appreciated more by European guests, opposed to guests from North-America.

Especially if you look at the actual prices at the real Librije, this is an absolute steal!

Having sad this, taste or appreciation of food in general is very personal indeed and I will not judge your review of the diner in any way, but would like to add that the dishes offered in the Librije experience, reflect European style restaurants and the mentioned style of dishes are quite often found in many high end restaurants on this side of the pond and appreciated by many.

Thank you for a reasonable and tasteful post The other reviews seemed to be by people who have never been to Europe or by those who judge quality by quantity. I'm looking forward to the "experience" and the food at de Librije.

Thank you for a reasonable and tasteful post The other reviews seemed to be by people who have never been to Europe or by those who judge quality by quantity. I'm looking forward to the "experience" and the food at de Librije.

What was shown was the old menu.

Look around -- maybe you will find pictures of the new menu.

I think I have it -- will look for it.

De Librije Menu ($69 per person)

Maine Lobster with Avocado

yellow beef steak tomato, micro greens

or

Oyster on the Beach

Foie gras, olloroso sherry & ginger

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

King Crab, brioche croutons & Tarragon

or

Dark Beer Pork Belly

Madras Curry, Green Pea, Caviar, Goat Cheese

Lobster Bisque Foam

Alskaan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bass with Speck Ham

Riesling, celery

or

Sweet Bread

Red beet. Raisins, pistachio, apple

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baked Cod with North Sea Shrimp

Baharat, aceto, chipolini, potato

or

Miso Glazed Duck Breast

Fruit puree, cauliflower, carrot passion, Hazelnut Oil

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deconstructed Apple Pie

Jonnie’s mom’s recipe

Or

Roasted White Chocolate

Lemon grass, blueberry & chervil

Edited by Krazy Kruizers

We did not go there as we are not huge seafood eaters. Thus the menu did not appeal. Deconstructed dishes are pretty much in fashion here as far as I know but I think the days of foam have pretty much disappeared.

Will be interesting whether they continue this experience in all locations.

Having been to De Librije on three occasions now, I guess we are hooked. This was the best meal we have had on HAL and will repeat it again if the chance arrives. Great to try new things. P.S. We are not European.

We have reservations and I'm eager to try it. The home location in the Netherlands has an interesting web site, too.