best balcony location

dressagegal

We are going to be in our first balcony on Thanksgiving. However, we are planning on doing a Norway cruise and we are wondering which balcony level would be best for this type of cruise. Also which is more private:D

dressagegal, that really depends on what is most inportant for you. Some prefer to be mid ship on Caribe deck on the Grand Class ships in order to feel less movement and they have larger balconies. Others like myself prefer AFT balcony cabins on Caribe, Dolphin or emerald on Grand Class ships for the views and larger balconies. Others also prefer fully covered balconies such as on Baja, Aloha or Lido decks on Grand Class ships. If you are going to Norway next year is it on the Sea Princess or Star doing the Baltics?

Hope this helps

Can you help us? We have a hold on the Grand Suite on Diamond Princess for a fall 2006 repo cruise (Vancouver to LA) but hesitate because it's AFT - my DH suffers from motion sickness, which he controls with a ReliefBand, but we're leary of this position - just how much difference do you think it makes?

Thanks!

That really depends on sea conditions. We love the aft location for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is the privacy and lack of noise in the passageways. It can get very bumpy if you hit a sudden squall - my advice is to make sure you know where the handhold is in the shower before you get your eyes full of suds and have to look for it. Ow!

If the relief bands work, I'd like to be able to assure you that you won't have a problem, but everyone is different in this regard and it's entirely subjective.

We will also be on that cruise, how fun. We love the back and we love the dolphon deck. However the dolphin deck on the sides are not very private, they don't have a cover and anyone above you can you. Lower decks on the sides would be more private. :)

If you would like to chat before the cruise feel free to email me at cindy@pro-staff.biz.

Archived