Swim with the sharks & ray-Belize

ms_michelle

It sounds very similar to a snorkeling excursion we took a few years ago with Norwegian to Ambergris Caye and a stop at Shark Ray Alley. The sharks were Nurse sharks. The Rays felt like velvet brushing against your legs. It was one of the best excursions we have taken. We were very disappointed last year when nothing like this was offered.

Thanks for the feedback! Was a bit nervous as I am taking my 9 year old daughter.:)

No way would I advise you to take this excursion with a 9 year old. It was a tough swim and snorkel in deep choppy water.

Go over to the Belize board and post this ? Over there as that's where port information is suppose to be discussed.

No way would I advise you to take this excursion with a 9 year old. It was a tough swim and snorkel in deep choppy water.

Go over to the Belize board and post this ? Over there as that's where port information is suppose to be discussed.

Thanks Karysa...NCL told me its a stand in shallow water but the person I spoke to didnt sound very confident. She said over and and over this was a new excursion for them and there are no reviews... I will post this question in the Ports of Call Boards.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forums mobile app

Thanks Karysa...NCL told me its a stand in shallow water but the person I spoke to didnt sound very confident. She said over and and over this was a new excursion for them and there are no reviews... I will post this question in the Ports of Call Boards.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forums mobile app

We did a Sharkray Alley snorkel in Belize way back in 2004. We left the ship in a speedboat and went to a Caye and picked up chum. We were on the boat for a while thinking back the boat trip was a big portion of the excursion. We snorkeled a reef that is said to be the 2nd largest next to the Great Barrier reef in Australia. We had to swim about 50 yards against a strong current to get to the reef. It was interesting but difficult. Really difficult. Back by the boat a nurse shark or two came to get fed. It was scared of me and tried to swim away.:). I have 3 daughters and one was always a strong swimmer for her age and ended up being a lifeguard. At 9 she would have been too weak for that 50 yard swim against that strong of a current. If this is the trip perhaps you and DH can take turns snorkeling if it's too rough that day for your daughter. Near the boat it was much calmer and seeing the sharks and stingrays was very neat. Oh I almost forgot we were even lucky enough to see three small dolphins and we stopped and they put on a little show for us.