Contacting rccl

I am having a small problem with RCCL.

Last February I cruised on the Voyager and because we missed a port all the passengers received 40% of the fare paid as a FCC. We took the certificates on the Rhapsody with us and booked a cruise thinking the future cruise consultant would keep them but she told me to post them to the address on the bottom of the certificates which is the coupon redemption centre in Miami. I did this but noticed the $700 had not come off my fare so I called RCCL and was told that I had posted the certificate to the wrong address because we are going on an Australian cruise. I was told I would receive a phone call a couple of days later but this didn't happen so I left it for another week,called and was told again that it was my mistake.

Has anyone ever spoken to someone that works at the office here in North Sydney? Even when I call the local number I am redirected to North America.

I feel that I am getting the run around so if I cancel do I get my $200 deposit back?

Regards Elaine.

Yes C&A is the way to address this.

I sent loads of emails to RCI Australia with no reply, contact through C&A was addressed :)

The problem is RCI Australia exists only in the minds of corporate money grabbers! RCI is but one company and c& A members are treated as equal no matter what area of the world you live in

Edited by fishtaco

The problem is RCI Australia exists only in the minds of corporate money grabbers!

I'm thinking you are right. I get the feeling that RCI Australia is probably based in a small cubicle in a high rise with a one person workforce just to make sure the phones divert to North America.

Elaine.

When we have received a Discount Voucher we have always kept the original and given a copy to our TA who has then forwarded it on to RCI.

Whilst some may have found the Consultants on the ship(s) to be okay, we have found them to be next to useless. They give a lot of wrong info.

The number Sheridan has given you should get you straight through to C&A - ask for Ben (he's very good/helpful).

Cheers

Di

Hi I have rang RCI on a few occasions and always got the Sydney office I ring about 4pm in the afternoon otherwise I find I am on hold for way to long is long the direct number is 02 433 15400 hope that helps out

Jacquie

I work nightshift so I was ringing around 3.30 to 4p.m and did try the local number but still ended up speaking to overseas staff. Maybe RCCL were extra busy.

Elaine.

When we have received a Discount Voucher we have always kept the original and given a copy to our TA who has then forwarded it on to RCI.

Whilst some may have found the Consultants on the ship(s) to be okay, we have found them to be next to useless. They give a lot of wrong info.

The number Sheridan has given you should get you straight through to C&A - ask for Ben (he's very good/helpful).

Cheers

Di

I did keep a copy of the certificate but the travel agency I usually deal with did not want anything to do with this certificate which added up to $704.I was told that sometimes the cruise lines expect the travel agencies to pay for part or all of these costs and the agencies do this to keep in the cruise lines "good books". I was told sometimes they only break even or make a loss on some cruises.

I can believe this as I work for a supermarket that is well known for it's bully boy practices so I'm sure it goes on in other industries as well.

Elaine.