Cabin with minors and not quite 25 question

lele100

Hello,

I have a question that maybe you can help me with. We will be going on a cruise in December and we booked 2 cabins. There will be 8 people (5 adults one of them is 24 and 3 minors all 14 years old.)

The four adults, (me, hubby and two sisters) are wanting to purchase the Cheers program. The 24 year old does not.

Can we put the 24 year old with the three 14 year old minors in one cabin and the 4 adults that do purchase the cheers program in another cabin?

I had read that the adult with the minor needs to be 25 years to be able to stay in the cabin with the minors, but I also read that if the cabins are close by to the over 25 adults it can be done.

Our cabin numbers are 9270 and 9274

Thanks

hmmm this is a bit confusing and you really probably need to call a pvp or just book it this way and see what Carnival does. Because the 14 year olds (as long as they are related to you) can stay in a cabin by themselves as long as it is near by. The 24 year old can stay wherever they want, *BUT* there is the caveat that if there is someone under 21 in the stateroom they have to be over 25, *BUT* you will be there.

Are you all related by blood?

I'd find a good PVP and see if they can do this.

hmmm this is a bit confusing and you really probably need to call a pvp or just book it this way and see what Carnival does. Because the 14 year olds (as long as they are related to you) can stay in a cabin by themselves as long as it is near by. The 24 year old can stay wherever they want, *BUT* there is the caveat that if there is someone under 21 in the stateroom they have to be over 25, *BUT* you will be there.

Unless something has changed the PVP can't sidestep booking rules. Someone over 25 has to be booked in the cabin unless there is a married couple under the age of 25 in that cabin.

Haven't quite figured out your problem based on what you say.

Who is booked in each cabin by age?

THE OP wants to buy the Cheers! program for all the adults EXCEPT for the 24 year old. Per the CHeers! rules everyone over the age of 21 in a cabin must purchase the program if one of them does. To avoid the 24 year old ahvin to to incur this unwanted cost he/she will need to be put in the teen room. Problem being that Carnival requires someone over the age of 25 in each room, so a swap will need to be made after boarding and before purchasing Cheers!

Cheers!

Last year, my husband and I had an OV of our own and we had 4 kids (ages 12, 11, 8, 6) in an Inside cabin across the hall. There were no questions or issues with the ages at all when we booked it. No switching keys or cabins was necessary. I have read here of many others doing the same thing.

Edited by Stacy_C
awdf

Hello,

I have a question that maybe you can help me with. We will be going on a cruise in December and we booked 2 cabins. There will be 8 people (5 adults one of them is 24 and 3 minors all 14 years old.)

The four adults, (me, hubby and two sisters) are wanting to purchase the Cheers program. The 24 year old does not.

Can we put the 24 year old with the three 14 year old minors in one cabin and the 4 adults that do purchase the cheers program in another cabin?

I had read that the adult with the minor needs to be 25 years to be able to stay in the cabin with the minors, but I also read that if the cabins are close by to the over 25 adults it can be done.

Our cabin numbers are 9270 and 9274

Thanks

I am booked for a Christmas cruise with my husband and two sons, ages 18 & 16, on Carnival Glory. My husband and I are in a balcony room and the boys are in an interior room, across the hall and over one door. I was told that as long as the "under 25" are within a certain number of doors away (I believe it is 4), then they are OK to be on their own..... So, yes, the 24 yr old can stay with the 14 yr olds and avoid having to purchase the Cheers program.

Yes, the 24 year old and one of the 14 year olds are my kids, the other two 14 year olds are my sisters kids. (my sisters will be in my cabin)

I am booked for a Christmas cruise with my husband and two sons, ages 18 & 16, on Carnival Glory. My husband and I are in a balcony room and the boys are in an interior room, across the hall and over one door. I was told that as long as the "under 25" are within a certain number of doors away (I believe it is 4), then they are OK to be on their own..... So, yes, the 24 yr old can stay with the 14 yr olds and avoid having to purchase the Cheers program.

Thank you. we are two doors down. I will call my PVP I just wanted to check here on CC first to see if others have done this.

Yes, the 24 year old and one of the 14 year olds are my kids, the other two 14 year olds are my sisters kids. (my sisters will be in my cabin)

Then you will be fine.. As stated before the over 25 yo rule is mainly for people that are not related... such as a bunch of college kids, from getting out of hand and not having a truly responsible adult onboard with them.

Go ahead and book all the kids on their own room, get Cheers for all of the "adults" and once on board you can rearrange the living arrangements if you want.

Then you will be fine.. As stated before the over 25 yo rule is mainly for people that are not related... such as a bunch of college kids, from getting out of hand and not having a truly responsible adult onboard with them.

Go ahead and book all the kids on their own room, get Cheers for all of the "adults" and once on board you can rearrange the living arrangements if you want.

Great Thank you

Dead on! We did a similar thing and did not run into any issues. Carnival was so accommodating that they allowed me to book a balcony on the starboard side of the ship with my girls across the hall and the boys in an inside stateroom on the port side of the ship. As you said, they just want us close enough so things don't get out of control.

Unless something has changed the PVP can't sidestep booking rules. Someone over 25 has to be booked in the cabin unless there is a married couple under the age of 25 in that cabin.

That's not true because we have a cruise booked for next month and I thought the same thing. But our PVP booked my husband and I in one room and the kids across the hall in another. There are 2 20 year olds and a 5 year old.

so 1 cabin will have 4 adults

the other cabin will have 4 14 year olds and 1 24 year old? Does that cabin hold 5?

No, 4 adults in cabin 1 (All get Cheers), 1 24 yo, and 3 14 yo's in cabin 2 (All are the children of the adults in cabin 1)

You can sail alone at the age of 21 (or 18 if married). It is if there is someone under the age of 21 without a parent onboard, that there has to be someone over the age of 25 in the cabin with them.