Transportation from pier to Camana Bay

Reenwad

Anyone know the best way for me to get from the cruise pier on Grand Cayman to Camana Bay?

What would the taxi rate be?

Is there public transportation available? Cost of that?

We're renting a private boat and have to get to Camana Bay to meet them. They offered a round trip transportation price of $50 per person, but that sounds steep to me, and I assume they want a tip on top of that. Just checking for other options before we book.

Anyone have useful information for me? :confused:

Edited by Reenwad
For stupid type-ohs!

While I've never taken a taxi to Camana Bay from the port area, it's about $4 pp each way to Royal Palms from the port, which is very close to Camana Bay. I'd guess $5-6 pp each way maybe?

You could do the bus if you want, getting off at Royal Palms and walking away from the water to the next main street over. It's about a 5-10 minute walk. The bus is $2.50 pp.

Edited by bookbabe

Anyone know the best way for me to get from the cruise pier on Grand Cayman to Camana Bay?

What would the taxi rate be?

Is there public transportation available? Cost of that?

We're renting a private boat and have to get to Camana Bay to meet them. They offered a round trip transportation price of $50 per person, but that sounds steep to me, and I assume they want a tip on top of that. Just checking for other options before we book.

Anyone have useful information for me? :confused:

Reenwad

Any chance you are using cayman luxury? I am trying to get information about possible tour with them in February. They are located in Camana bay and we have to get there on our own. $50pp is expensive on top of tour.

Kathleen

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

This concerns me. We have booked a trip beginning at Camana Bay, as well and had figured on only a couple $ per person for a cab. Can anyone advise on their experiences? Thanks so much!

See Drew's and my posts above. There's no way it's $50 pp for an actual taxi...I can get halfway to Rum Point for that...

Edited by bookbabe

• 4 weeks later...