Ziplock bag uses

caribophile

Absolutely NEVER saw dogs sniffing and we have been all over on ships! They take your card and simply check you out...they DO CHECK possessions when you get back ON the ship! Only when we are leaving for final disembarkation do they warn you about removing food...and we were NEVER stopped or checked even then!

In Cozumel last week there were announcements and signs prohibiting taking food off the ship. As we exited the gangway an officer and dog sniffed our carry ons then we were allowed to move on. At the end of the pier were two tables and agriculture officers who again searched our bags. In 53 cruises, this was a first, but apparently there is an agricultural threat as they were particularly concerned about fruits and vegetables.

In terms of sea shells, the only time we have had a problem wasi n Hawaii when they confiscated all shells. They did not want the spread of microorganisms from island to island.

Practices depend on the port and what concerns there may be at the time. If you live Ina agricultural state you can appreciate the damage a few little hitch hiker critters can do to the economy of an area. It may seem silly to some of you, but please respect these people's economy?

I agree, only saw it once and it was in Florida they were asking if we had any fruits or vegetables, they said they worry about bringing in another countries fruit flies or bugs of that nature. I have NEVER been asked about cookies or that type of thing.

Love the thread, getting lots of good ideas!

I am always trading purses evening bag to pool bags to travel bag on excursions. I have a small bag that I put in lipstick, contact eye drops, stevia, hand wipes, eye glass wipes, cash, room key, etc. This way I just pick up the bag and transfer to the other bag I'll be carrying. You make sure you don't forget anything, and you know quick if you are out of something by simply looking in the bag! Happy cruising everyone!