Ncl breakaway info please

popeyeandolive

The Breakaway has the "Waterfront" which wraps around the stern of the ship on Deck 8. I saw a few folks walking it in the mornings. It has outdoor seating for the bars and restaurants so in the afternoon it will be too busy for brisk walks IMO but lovely for a leisurely stroll, drinks, relaxing, and outdoor dining.

Here's the deck plan

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/decks/2/8

P1020406xs.JPG

Edited by kylenyc

Thanks. Disappointing. I love the walking deck on the older ships. It appears this is the new trend to utilize this space into something that will make more money. I have a trip planned on the new Royal Princess and it appears that they have cut up their walking deck too but I will see for myself soon. We are going on the GEM in February and their deck is really perfect and the pools are deep.

I think the other pool is only 4 feet deep. I plan on using that one. I'm 5'2 and I don't like the idea of being in a "rocking" pool where I cannot stand anywhere. I'm also not sure about the temperature. Some people say all the pools are heated on the breakaway and others complained that the adult pool was freezing. So, who knows? Thank God for hot tubs :D

ETA: I wish they had a wraparound promenade too but the one they have is pretty long as it is and it looks really pretty and I think it's great to have all those seats there too, so I expect to like it a lot.