Recommendations for verandah cabin on Magic

Lovedisneycruise

Hi all, this is my FIRST post, but I read these forums frequently. I'm going on my third Disney cruise in two weeks on the Fantasy :D:D, and am thinking of booking the Magic for the first time while on this cruise.

I have tried to research category 4-5-6 verandah cabins on the Magic, but am getting confused. (I'm pretty familiar with the layout of the Dream and Fantasy.) I know this is a very subjective question, but could anyone please make specific recommendations for cabin numbers or areas that are--(1) not as highly trafficked, (2) not over any kind of booming or loud thruster sounds, as I am a light sleeper, and (3) larger verandahs, such as the 4Es on the Fantasy and Dream! Also, I am not looking to book concierge, just a regular verandah room.

Thanks so much in the advance for the expert suggestions!!:)

The Magic is a lot more standardized--not all the cabin permutations of the newer ship.

A cat 4 is a family cabin that sleeps 5 (murphy bed).

Cat 5 and 6 were identical when the ship launched. Cat 5 was on deck 7, cat 6 was on deck 6. There are only a few cabins with the super sized balconies, and most of those are accessible cabins.

Our favorite location is deck 5. Since you want to avoid thruster noise, you might want 5 forward (we actually like aft better). These are relatively quiet areas with little hall traffic as no one who doesn't have a cabin there has need to walk thru the guest cabin areas. You are convenient to the kid areas, but there is no noise from them. And you are in a good spot for everything. Decks 6 and 7 are fine, but there is a lot more guest traffic there than on 5.