Getting there on time

redjetta

Having never cruised before, I am beginning to worry that I may have made an error in booking a kayaking trip independently.

We are supposed to be in port (Celebrity Summit 12/22) at 8am. Our excursion starts at 9:15 for kayaking up near Christiansted. We are renting a car at Budget to get there.

Does it take a long time to get off the ship? Will the rental car process take forever? I think that we will be fine as long as we can be in the car and on our way no later than 8:40. Is this even possible?:confused:

Having never cruised before, I am beginning to worry that I may have made an error in booking a kayaking trip independently.

We are supposed to be in port (Celebrity Summit 12/22) at 8am. Our excursion starts at 9:15 for kayaking up near Christiansted. We are renting a car at Budget to get there.

Does it take a long time to get off the ship? Will the rental car process take forever? I think that we will be fine as long as we can be in the car and on our way no later than 8:40. Is this even possible?:confused:

Did you book with Virgin Kayak? We did this last year and loved it. We got off our ship (Adventure of the Seas) as soon as the announced we could get off and had no problem getting there in time.

Did you book with Virgin Kayak? We did this last year and loved it. We got off our ship (Adventure of the Seas) as soon as the announced we could get off and had no problem getting there in time.

We booked a tour with SeaThru Kayaks which looks like it might be fantastic!

I think it will be a bit tight given that you are renting a car. Would guess that the paperwork will take about 30 minutes. Why not just let See Through Kayak know your plans. STX is a laid back place so I'm sure if they were aware you might be a tad late, there will be no issue.

And be sure you know the location. I'm guessing it's not C'sted but could be wrong. And don't leave the rental agency without a DETAILED map! STX roads are notoriously poorly marked.

Completely agree with LoveSTX about simply contacting the tour operator ahead of time to explain your situation. Of the many, many things we love about this island, the concept of operating on Island Time is near the top of the list. We're sure they will accommodate you.

PLEASE write back after your cruise to tell us all your impressions of St. Croix, we'd love to hear.