Favorite Car Rental Drop Off for Port of Miami?

BullDawg91

We are cruising on the Disney Wonder March 30th and have never been to Miami. We are flying in to West Palm Beach the day before and are planning to rent a car (or cars, there will be 9-11 of us) at PBI.

Do you have a favorite car rental with easy drop off in Miami? We'd like to avoid the airport if possible and of course a free shuttle for the drivers would be ideal. I'm sure we'll want to drop most our group and luggage at the port before returning the car(s). I'd hate to book the rental on price and find out they are the most inconvenient!

Thanks!

Hertz, Avis, and Budget all have downtown Miami Locations that are very close to the Port Of Miami. I'm sure that Hertz has a free shuttle from their facility but unsure about Avis and Budget. If you decide on dropping off the rental vehicles at the Rental Center located across from Miami International Airport, National, Alamo, Dollar, and Thifty provide free shuttle service from that location to the Port Of Miami. The shuttle takes approximately fifteen minutes to reach the Port Of Miami. At the conclusion of your cruise the four companies provide free shuttle service back to the Rental Car Center.

The downtown offices of Avis and Budget do NOT have a shuttle to POM. However, the distance is short and the cab ride will be under $10 total to the port.

Beware that AFTER a cruise, cab drivers will be extremely ticked off if you get in the taxi at the port and tell them you need to "just" go downtown.

This happened to me a couple of days ago and the attendant at Budget confirmed this, saying that the drivers much prefer to drive everyone to the airport.

But the downtown offices are VERY convenient for dropping off your luggage first and then return the rental car.