Crown mini review 12/7-12/14

xavier

Just back and my kitchen will not stop rocking!

We boarded about 1215p and on board by 1220p. We are elites but that didn't matter there were no lines and things moved quickly. We stayed in D736 and loved it!

First night ate in the crown grill and it was delish, who can say no to rack of lamb?!

First night or two the ship was really rocking but it was fun.

We could not believe how empty princess cays felt but the when the CD Lisa Ball mentioned that only half the people got off the ship it all made sense.

There were 600 people who were staying onboard for the next sailing!

This was a very very happy crew. Everyone was smiling and welcoming. The bar staff everywhere and believe me, we had to try every bar were so very friendly and nice. Once we were in the wheelhouse and saw the captain and some of his staff there. On the way out the hotel manager stopped by just to chat we didn't know him but I thought that was great!

At the platinum/elite party the top 2 cruisers both had over 2000 days with princess. I can't imagine having over 2000 days at sea and not being number one! Bummer.

I thought Lisa Ball to be a very personable and funny CD.

We had the ultimate balcony dinner, which we have done before, and it was spectacular.

Unfortunately, where princess didn't shine was the last night. We had signed up for ez check and this turned into a fiasco. I won't go into details but it was just a comedy of errors on princesses part. It was a shame that this was our a Experience of our cruise as everything else had been spot on great.

Leaving the ship was painless (except we were leaving waaa!). Our group was called within minutes after it was scheduled. Quick line for taxis and we were at the airport.

Even though this whole revue has been random here are a couple more random musings....

The a/c was not very good. It never got cold. Whilst this was fine for me as I'm always cold for my hubby not so good.

There was a definite smell/stench in some areas of the ship.

Vines seems to have gotten a little more generic or perhaps I have just remembered it wrong. The wine list there is no different than any of the bars or dining rooms. I thought they use to have different offerings.

Whilst waiting in line at the passenger service desk it was quite apparent that people had disdain for the suite/elite line. One man started yelling at us when the passenger service agent took us before him. To the agents credit she apologized profusely to us that we had to hear that.

We would book this suite again in a heartbeat. It's like you are cocooned in your on little world. We would sit on our balcony which was huge by the way, for hours just listening to the roar of the wake. What a life!

We also just got off the Crown. We had a wonderful time and the staff was fantastic. We were in C431 and our cabin stewardess Olga was one of the best we have ever had. We pretty much hung out in Crooners and Alex was just great as a server. Harris and his assistant in Traditional dining were great. Crown Grill, yep, lamb chops delicious as well. The only problem we had was our sliding glass door. The maintenance man came quickly on two occasions. He found that someone had stuck some sort off paper in the runner (stupid people). I would agree with the previous poster re: an odor. We smelled it around the 600 rooms on our way to the aft elevator which we took up to Skywalkers each evening for the Elite lounge. Never smelled it anywhere else on the ship. We did find that the cruisers on board were probably the oldest we have ever cruised with. I thought at some points they needed a traffic cop for the walkers and battery operated scooters. I did think I was on Holland America sometimes, lol. We had also cruised on the Crown in May and no complaints then either. We know that maintenance has to be ongoing and absolutely have no problem with that.

Thanks Southpawsdakota for your comments.

It's been about three years since we were on Crown and are booked for two weeks in January so have been interested in any changes.

Crooner's is our very favorite place to hang out. Glad it's still fun. We've been Elite for ages but have never been to Skywalkers for the Elite Lounge thing. DH always wants to go to Crooner's instead. Maybe this is a good thing and we'll avoid the smell. :D

Had to laugh at your comment on needing a cop for the battery operated scooters and walkers. Same was true for us last year on Emerald. Sometimes, many have never driven one until the cruise and lots of times they can't half see or hear. Bless their hearts ... as they are now, we could someday be.

Note: Before someone flames me, my cousin was injured in Viet Nam and his scooter has be wonderful for him ... but he knows how to drive it and can see & hear.

LuLu

~~~~