Travling with a minor

kalikid

I am planning to do the 4 day trip to Ensenada Mexico with my 9yo daughter and my GF (her mother). On her BC, under fathers name is blank. So only her mother name is on there.

Will there be any problems boarding?

My niece might go with us without her parents. her mom has full custody of her. I plan on bringing a notarized approval letter from her mom and proof of full custody.

Will this suffice with just her mothers approval?

I'm a little confused from your posting as to who the mother of the 9-year-old girl is, but that's neither here nor there. The issue is what documentation is needed for the 9-year-old to board. The 9-year-old's birth certificate does not list a father, therefore, no permission is required other than that of the mother who is listed on the BC. It appears that the mother of this child is traveling on the cruise with the child, so her appearance in conjunction with the child's BC is all that is necessary.

Now to the niece--if the mother has a court order giving her FULL and COMPLETE custody of the child, then what is necessary for her to travel without her mother is: 1) a copy of her birth certificate, 2) a copy of the court order giving the mother FULL and COMPLETE custody of the daughter and 3) a signed, notarized statement from the mother authorizing her daughter to travel with you on this cruise. Here is a decent authorization form: http://www.aaa.com/aaa/006/travel/Minor_Consent.pdf

I'm a little confused from your posting as to who the mother of the 9-year-old girl is, but that's neither here nor there. The issue is what documentation is needed for the 9-year-old to board. The 9-year-old's birth certificate does not list a father, therefore, no permission is required other than that of the mother who is listed on the BC. It appears that the mother of this child is traveling on the cruise with the child, so her appearance in conjunction with the child's BC is all that is necessary.

Now to the niece--if the mother has a court order giving her FULL and COMPLETE custody of the child, then what is necessary for her to travel without her mother is: 1) a copy of her birth certificate, 2) a copy of the court order giving the mother FULL and COMPLETE custody of the daughter and 3) a signed, notarized statement from the mother authorizing her daughter to travel with you on this cruise. Here is a decent authorization form: http://www.aaa.com/aaa/006/travel/Minor_Consent.pdf

This.