Epic Jan 4 - Late Flight Post Cruise Rental Car?

Mac4YYZ

I have about 10 hours in Miami after cruising on Epic on Jan 4, 2014. I have read other posts that there are car rental agencies that will p/u at the cruise port, bring you to the rental location and then let you drop off the car @ MIA. Anyone have any experience with this? Rough idea of cost? Any good discount codes for Alamo, Budget or Hertz?

We always try to use Alamo at MIA RCC, they have joint shuttles with National (as both are owned by the same company) and it usually works like a charm, both to and from the port.

For example Hertz has a downtown location that is closer to the port but in my experience the service there is very slloooowww and once they even didn't have the car I booked, so I now prefer going to the airport locations as they always have cars there and they are equipped to handle large amount of people unlike a smaller downtown location whenever the passengers from cruise ships swarm the place.

I can't help with the prices, as Europeans we get very different type of pricing that requires that the driver doesn't have a US or Canadian driver's license - I just prepaid a rental for a week next easter: Standard SUV from Alamo with all insurances (no PAI or PEC, we have those covered by our traveller's insurance), roadside assistance, additional driver and first tank of gas included was $52 per day through Vayama (CarTrawler).

I have about 10 hours in Miami after cruising on Epic on Jan 4, 2014. I have read other posts that there are car rental agencies that will p/u at the cruise port, bring you to the rental location and then let you drop off the car @ MIA. Anyone have any experience with this? Rough idea of cost? Any good discount codes for Alamo, Budget or Hertz?

check out dollar. they have a shuttle from the port. check under their specials or deals, they have a weekend special. i booked an altima for about $40.00 with all the taxes.

Thank you. I didn't realize that the shuttles were running from the cruise port to MIA. Perfect. No fees for picking up at one location and dropping at the airport. Gives me some time to tour around Miami and do a little shopping etc. without having to leave my bags somewhere and use taxis.

Just booked on Dollar. $47.76 for the day for a mid-size car including all taxes and fees plus the free shuttle from the port. Perfect. A car for the day for not much more than the cost of a transfer to the airport.