Early arrival

s1kmad3

Hi all,

My wife and I are landing in Papeete at 6;10am and were wondering if anybody knows what time the cruise port opens for check in? On previous cruises, we would arrive at cruise ports by 11am and were able to check in. We were hoping it would be the same thing in Tahiti.

Any advice from return cruisers would be greatly appreciated.:)

Taken Princess a dew times from Papeete--we always stay a night or two at the the IC before the cruise--we are usually at the pier by noon--the check in area is located right on the pier--they seem to move pretty fast--I believe they take your passports at that time--I could be wrong.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

Nancy:D:D

Hi All,

I just re-read my initial post and realized my post was missing info.

Just to clarify, we are sailing on Ocean Princess 10 day South Pacific - Cook Islands - 02/09/14 - 02/19/14 itinerary.

Our flight arrives at 6am on 02/09/14 and would like to check in ASAP.

What have some of you veteran cruisers who have done this itinerary done?

We were planning on just going to port and hanging out till we can check in but 5hrs waiting at port could really be unpleasant.

All suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated!!

• 1 month later...

We sailed Ocean on Jan 8, 2014. Literature said check-in at noon. Staff said 11:30. We got there at 11 and they were going already. A charter bus had just arrived and there were maybe 45 passengers checking in at 3 or 4 stations. They do have a preferred line at Papeete. We are Platinum and our friends were Ruby and they invited all 4 of us to the preferred line after lining up in the regular line for a few minutes. We were in the tent for 15 minutes in spite of arriving just as the bus emptied out. They set up 2 tents (20' x 60'?) at the pier: one for check-in and one for luggage drop.We had dropped off our luggage at 8:30 am and then had gone to the shops by the pier to pass the time. The stores started opening at 8 am.

As we boarded we received a card saying staterooms only available to drop items and not fully useable until Noon.

What a great ship!

This is to the best of my recollection.

We sailed Ocean on Jan 8, 2014. Literature said check-in at noon. Staff said 11:30. We got there at 11 and they were going already. A charter bus had just arrived and there were maybe 45 passengers checking in at 3 or 4 stations. They do have a preferred line at Papeete. We are Platinum and our friends were Ruby and they invited all 4 of us to the preferred line after lining up in the regular line for a few minutes. We were in the tent for 15 minutes in spite of arriving just as the bus emptied out. They set up 2 tents (20' x 60'?) at the pier: one for check-in and one for luggage drop.We had dropped off our luggage at 8:30 am and then had gone to the shops by the pier to pass the time. The stores started opening at 8 am.

As we boarded we received a card saying staterooms only available to drop items and not fully useable until Noon.

What a great ship!

This is to the best of my recollection.

Great info. Thanks..