Brilliance of the Seas: A Truly Brilliant Cruise - Review

G85 SS

Thanks so much for your wonderful review! We will be sailing on the Brillance for the first time for spring break and we can't wait!!!

Thank you for the positive feedback.

You will definitely enjoy the ship. It was a much needed break from the bigger ships but wasn't so small that there wasn't much entertainment. Overall, Brilliance has taken the top spot among favorite ships for me. Just a wonderful class all around.

Thank you for the positive feedback.

You will definitely enjoy the ship. It was a much needed break from the bigger ships but wasn't so small that there wasn't much entertainment. Overall, Brilliance has taken the top spot among favorite ships for me. Just a wonderful class all around.

You mentioned in one of your earlier post that you liked the fact that the Solarium pool was heated?? I've been on many RC ships, yet not one of them had a heated swimming pool. This may be a first. Thanks Tom

You mentioned in one of your earlier post that you liked the fact that the Solarium pool was heated?? I've been on many RC ships, yet not one of them had a heated swimming pool. This may be a first. Thanks Tom

This was the first time I have encountered it as well. They had it heated for the first two days if I recall correctly. Though when they drained the pool for cleaning and filled it back up they didn't have the heaters on. Most likely due to the warmer weather further south rather than the cold weather we were dealing with when the ship left (mid 40's) out of Tampa.

I didn't go into the Diamond Lounge, however, we really enjoyed the Concierge Lounge. We found ourselves spending time in the lounge every evening for about an hour before we got ready for dinner.

It was relaxing to go sit out on the deck, have a few hors d'oeuvres, which by the way were very good. They had these small little egg things. No clue on earth what they were called, but there were like a micro omelet with a huge boost of deliciousness. Chocolate covered strawberries, and spring rolls just to name a few.

Plus the complimentary drinks were also an added bonus though I didn't have more than one or two during any given time I was there. Our Concierge, Sasha Starke was extremely nice as well and would come out on deck and chat with us for a little while. I couldn't find anything at all to complain about. It was never even crowded which was great. Always a place to sit.

My fiancée and I are sailing on the Brilliance in March (first time cruisers) and have enjoyed reading your reviews and looking at the pictures. We were wondering if the Diamond and Concierge lounges are a "Members Only" type of lounge?

Thanks again for the wonderful review, we can't wait to experience it for ourselves!!

My fiancée and I are sailing on the Brilliance in March (first time cruisers) and have enjoyed reading your reviews and looking at the pictures. We were wondering if the Diamond and Concierge lounges are a "Members Only" type of lounge?

Thanks again for the wonderful review, we can't wait to experience it for ourselves!!

The Diamond Lounge is typically a "Member's Only" lounge for those who are Diamond status or above.

The Concierge Lounge is typically for those in a Grand Suite or higher.

However, if you are staying in a Grand Suite you also have access to the Diamond Lounge without the benefit of being Diamond or higher. And if you are Diamond Plus or above you have access to the Concierge Lounge without the benefit of being in a Suite.

And congratulations on booking your very first cruise. I honestly do not believe you two could have picked a better ship to book as first time cruisers. There's enough entertainment around the ship to give you an idea of what all is available in the cruising vacation industry. But there's not so much that you will feel overwhelmed and not know what to do from one minute to the next and at the end of the cruise feel like you weren't able to enjoy the ship in it's entirety.

You will definitely enjoy the ship. :D

Edited by G85 SS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What a GREAT review!! Thank you so much. We won a cruise on the Brilliance for December 6th, 2014 and we are very excited . We will be in a Balcony room , 9th floor aft. This will be our 31 cruise in the past 15 years but only our 3rd Royal Caribbean Cruise! Very excited!!! Even more excited after this great review!!!

Thanks so much for the AWESOME pics and review. Booked last minute with DD for April 21 sailing for a college graduation/mom-daughter/she's cancer-free celebration. Love hearing how great this ship is. Our first time on Radiance-class and DD 2nd cruise (1st was on Monarch, which she loved!).

A couple of questions, if I might..Is there opportunity to sunbathe in the solarium or is it too filtered by the glass? Also, my DD loves her coffee so I was wondering what is the premium coffee sold on board? When on the Oasis, it was Starbucks but on Monarch a couple of years ago it was Seattle's Best. Just curious.

Again, thanks for all the posting, especially the cruise compasses. We plan on having a very relaxing time and appreciate your info very much :)

What a GREAT review!! Thank you so much. We won a cruise on the Brilliance for December 6th, 2014 and we are very excited . We will be in a Balcony room , 9th floor aft. This will be our 31 cruise in the past 15 years but only our 3rd Royal Caribbean Cruise! Very excited!!! Even more excited after this great review!!!

Thank you. It's appreciated. You should have no problem enjoying the ship. :cool:

Thanks so much for the AWESOME pics and review. Booked last minute with DD for April 21 sailing for a college graduation/mom-daughter/she's cancer-free celebration. Love hearing how great this ship is. Our first time on Radiance-class and DD 2nd cruise (1st was on Monarch, which she loved!).

A couple of questions, if I might..Is there opportunity to sunbathe in the solarium or is it too filtered by the glass? Also, my DD loves her coffee so I was wondering what is the premium coffee sold on board? When on the Oasis, it was Starbucks but on Monarch a couple of years ago it was Seattle's Best. Just curious.

Again, thanks for all the posting, especially the cruise compasses. We plan on having a very relaxing time and appreciate your info very much :)

There's areas inside the solarium where you can catch a few rays but it won't last long. There's more shade in there than anything with the overhangs from the deck above and all the planters. But I preferred that because the Solarium on Oasis was brutal. Even with the windows open.

Also, the premium coffee on Brilliance (at the time of the cruise) was Seattle's Best. No Starbucks. At least not yet.

And thank you as well.