Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2390_zps86e04ec0.jpg

Marie Laveau's House of VooDoo.....this shop was a little scary ;)

I commented earlier in your review about looking forward to seeing your pictures of New Orleans. We were there in 1996 for a week and loved it. We used my DH's mother's timeshare that was at the corner of Bienville and Burgundy, which was very close to Canal Street and only 2 blocks from Bourbon Street. We spend most of the time in New Orleans and loved it AND I remember that place, if it's the same one I'm thinking of! I agree, a little scary and I definitely got the creeps. Needless to say, we didn't spend too much time in there. We also did a bayou tour and really enjoyed that. The last day we drove to Gulfport, MS just so we could say we were in Mississippi and were SO close to Alabama but didn't get that far since it was getting late. We took 90 (the scenic route) to get to Gulfport and took I-10 (fastest way) back to New Orleans. I did get pictures but only had a film camera at the time so I didn't get all that I wanted. I guess that warrants another trip back...maybe even a cruise and either a few days pre or post stay in New Orleans.

Again, I'm really enjoying your review as I have the others you have done. The swim with the manatees really looked like fun and I love the pictures and the sunset pictures after leaving Miami were just beautiful. I'm really looking forward to the rest of your review. Thank you for taking the time.

Yes I remember your comment early on in the review saying that you were looking forward to pictures in New Orleans. New Orleans was such an interesting city with so many things to see and do. The drive to New Orleans through Alabama and Mississippi was an interesting one. There were so many bridges and tunnels.

In April we are on the 9-day repositioning cruise on the Carnival Dream and the ship ends in New Orleans. In April we won't have time to stay any extra days in New Orleans but we definitely plan on going back again someday soon.

Thank you so much for your kind words about my review. I truly enjoy putting these together. They are a lot of work but it is fun to share my vacation experiences with others.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you see any buckets and missing ceiling tiles? ?? I keep reading mixed reviews. GLAD to read a positive one:D

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

No I didn't see any buckets or missing ceiling tiles. There were issues that we saw on the Sunshine and I will get to that during that part of the review but don't believe everything that you hear.

We absolutely loved the Sunshine and we would cruise on that ship again in a second. You can't please everyone. A cruise is what you make of it and if you go into it with poor outlook it will stay that way and you won't have an enjoyable vacation.

Thanks for your review so far. I can relate to some of your things. 1. The super cold we had this past Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I think we had -18 with colder wind chills. 2. New Orleans - we went in the voodoo store and did a couple ghost tours out of it. Never heard of that restaurant. Did you go to Dumonts? 3. Cruising-YES!!!! 4. The drive. Gad you went from Miami to New Orleans. Our relatives moved from Bradenton, Florida to New Orleans area. Long drive.

Our cold was miserable this week. We never left the house until Wednesday. Our low was on Monday and it was -28 below zero on the thermometer and -45 below wind chill. Please bring on the palm trees and white sand.

The VooDoo store. I was waiting for someone to creep around the corner to freak me out. Port of Call restaurant is on Esplanade Avenue. No we didn't make it to Dumonts. That'll give us another place to try next time.

Our cruise on the Imagination and the Sunshine were both wonderful but the drive not so much. It was quite long but the end result was wonderful.

Thanks for reading my review

I panic a lot my hubby hates it. I just want to make sure all is perfect. You are lucky 30 min away:cool:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

You are not alone. I panic too. I always find myself checking and re-checking everything.....the passports, cruise documents, airline tickets, money/credit cards/travelers checks, cameras, reservations, and boarding passes.

Thank you for bringing the pictures back. I am sorry that it cost you to do so though. Your pictures with the manatees were awesome. That is something that I want to do now. They are way cuter than the dolphins.

When someone made a post saying that they couldn't see the pictures I knew it was because I had used up all the bandwidth storage on photobucket. The same thing happened when I did my review of the Freedom last March.

The manatees were a lot of fun and more enjoyable than the dolphins. We enjoy the manatee encounter because it was just my dad and I during the program

Thanks for posting this review, I am really enjoying it. I look forward to the Sunshine part, as I leave on 2-2-14 to cruise on her.

I live in NW Louisiana, but New Orleans is a lot of fun. Plenty of things to do, Jackson Square, Café Dumond for coffee and beneighs(sp), French Quarter, the River walk. the female impersonators are so real looking, it is hard to believe they are men. They have a lot of things to SEE, if you look around for it. Some may be shocking to some people, but it is New Orleans :)

Thank You so much. You will love the Sunshine. My dad is my best friend. I am definitely a daddy's girl and being an only child makes that even more special for us. We do everything together. Hopefully you had the pleasure of traveling with your father. My dad's health is deteriorating due to diabetes and I will continue to travel with him until we are no longer able to :)

Sorry to hear that:( May god bless your dad with lots of health, so you can continue to make more special cruise memories. I love all of your post. So glad you have good things to say about the sunshine. I've read a lot negative reviews on Shipmate. I was worried I made the wrong choice.

Thanks your are simply awesome

You are not alone. I panic too. I always find myself checking and re-checking everything.....the passports, cruise documents, airline tickets, money/credit cards/travelers checks, cameras, reservations, and boarding passes.

I do the same, I'm trying my best to get over my OCD ways its really hard. Glad to know I'm not the only.

Edited by hotburner

Thanks for posting this review, I am really enjoying it. I look forward to the Sunshine part, as I leave on 2-2-14 to cruise on her.

I live in NW Louisiana, but New Orleans is a lot of fun. Plenty of things to do, Jackson Square, Café Dumond for coffee and beneighs(sp), French Quarter, the River walk. the female impersonators are so real looking, it is hard to believe they are men. They have a lot of things to SEE, if you look around for it. Some may be shocking to some people, but it is New Orleans :)

Hello cruse2loose, we live Mooringsport, we cruised with Wrigley80 on the Sunshine and had a blast. My wife and I just love her and her dad. They are great people and can't wait to cruise with them again in December. We just love going to NOLA, lots of things to see and do there.:D

Thank you so much. I was surprised by some of the things we saw in New Orleans but that's what happens when you combine booze, being young, and being in a relaxed, exciting city.

I will be starting the Sunshine portion of the review later tonight. Gotta watch the Broncos game first.....haha

Sorry to hear that:( May god bless your dad with lots of health, so you can continue to make more special cruise memories. I love all of your post. So glad you have good things to say about the sunshine. I've read a lot negative reviews on Shipmate. I was worried I made the wrong choice.

Thanks your are simply awesome

When I read your comment this morning you made me cry. Thank you for such kind words about my dad. We are going to continue to go as long as he still can.

Happy to hear that you enjoy my review. They are fun putting them together. Don't believe everything that you hear or read about the Sunshine. It is a great ship and you will enjoy your cruise. Of course there are a few things that need to be worked out but hey it's a cruise ship and you're on vacation....what on earth is there to complain about???

And Thanks for saying I'm awesome.....hehe

Hello cruse2loose, we live Mooringsport, we cruised with Wrigley80 on the Sunshine and had a blast. My wife and I just love her and her dad. They are great people and can't wait to cruise with them again in December. We just love going to NOLA, lots of things to see and do there.:D

Hey Jerry. How are you guys??? Miss you and Amanda and our late nights talking in the Atrium with my Dad and I. So happy to hear that you guys will be joining us for the cruise on the Dream next December. I don't know how we will surpass the shenanigans that we got into on the Sunshine but I'm sure that we will make many more memories together on the Dream

I do the same, I'm trying my best to get over my OCD ways its really hard. Glad to know I'm not the only.

I do this too! I also make packing and to-do lists over and over, to see if I remember anything else! My husband laughs at me, but I remind him that I'm not the one who went on a week-long vacation with only the shirt I was wearing, and not a single one in the suitcase! That was him, because he doesn't believe in the power of the list!

I do this too! I also make packing and to-do lists over and over, to see if I remember anything else! My husband laughs at me, but I remind him that I'm not the one who went on a week-long vacation with only the shirt I was wearing, and not a single one in the suitcase! That was him, because he doesn't believe in the power of the list!

People make fun of me because I have a checklist for my checklists.

When I read your comment this morning you made me cry. Thank you for such kind words about my dad. We are going to continue to go as long as he still can.

Happy to hear that you enjoy my review. They are fun putting them together. Don't believe everything that you hear or read about the Sunshine. It is a great ship and you will enjoy your cruise. Of course there are a few things that need to be worked out but hey it's a cruise ship and you're on vacation....what on earth is there to complain about???

And Thanks for saying I'm awesome.....hehe

I love all the pictures every review is wonderful I feel like I was there with you guys:D

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

My hubby is a last minute person.2 cruises ago he forgot swimming trunks and had to spend 40 bucks in St.Thomas for them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

We understand; family is the most important

Your review is worth waiting for

dot

Hello everybody. Sorry I didn't post much over the weekend. We had Christmas with my uncle on Saturday and I started my new job today.

I promise that I will be back on later tonight to start the Sunshine portion of the review.

Have a great day tomorrow at your new job! Can't wait to hear about it!

Thank-You.....I had a good first day. Being a travel agent is a lot more than just coming in and telling me where you want to go and then I book it. But you can't learn everything in the first day

The manatee excursion looks amazing. How deep is the water in area where you swim with the manatees. I am terrified of water over my head and I go on cruises LOL. It looks about waist deep from the pictures.

When you are doing the manatee encounter you are standing a metal grate that is in the water and if you aren't wearing any aqua socks it is very uncomfortable. There is a time when they ask you to swim out in open water so that you can feed the manatees but you could decline that part if you wanted to

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013178_zpsba67d0ba.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013176_zps2d2b4dfe.jpg

Once we were done with dinner we decided to head back down to Decatur Street

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013167_zps661b284d.jpg

Carriage Rides in Jackson Square. They line up in front of the St. Louis Cathedral

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013172_zpsd52c720f.jpg

Bourbon Street before dark....it is a completely different atmosphere before all the crazies come out

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013174_zps68234540.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013182_zps21a00127.jpg