Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

We are currently still booked on the 9-day repositioning cruise on the Dream. Our final payment is due on January 20th but I have until the 19th to make a decision.

I would like to do the 7-day cruise on the Liberty because I like the ports and of course Guys Burgers on the Liberty but my dad wants to stay with the Carnival Dream. He likes the fact that it's 9 days.

Why do ya ask about the Carnival Liberty cruise? Are you on that cruise??

Yup, sure am. :D

Saw you on the roll call. Don't blame your Dad one bit.....longer on a ship the better!

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2325_zps04aa8612.jpg

Once we got back to the Puerta Maya pier area. We decided to stop off at Fat Tuesday for a drink and a little snack. We ordered the quesadillas and I had the Banana/Coconut Daiquiri. This is the free t-shirt that we got when we bought the photo CD

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2318_zps5fafc4c6.jpg

My dad loves flowers

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2321_zps57fb31a2.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2322_zps730b1d05.jpg

Fat Tuesdays

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2326_zpsbdba85ce.jpg

I think I was already starting to go into a trance at this point......haha

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2327_zps128c5c08.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2328_zpsea38f447.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2334_zps813ff279.jpg

This pic is a little blurry but I love it when the ships are so close like this

We had our fun at Fat Tuesday's for an hour or so. By this it was now 7:00 and we were ready to head back to the ship so that we would still have to get cleaned up and then head on to dinner. A lot of people were starting to head back to the ship at this point

Thank-You. And you are so right the pictures of my dad are so innocent and pure. He was having so much fun.

Thanks for the tip about Paradise Beach. We are going back to Cozumel in April on the Carnival Dream. We are trying to decide between Paradise Beach and Mr. Sanchos. I like the all-inclusive option at Mr. Sanchos but I know that my dad and I wouldn't eat and drink enough to cover the cost because we don't drink alcohol. I was looking at the pictures and I love the pool at Paradise Beach. Were there steps to enter the pool??? I know that my dad can't climb a ladder in and out of the pool

FYI ... You can just do a la cart at Mr. sanchos. We went there with 8 so it would have been a little spendy for that many.

Yup, sure am. :D

Saw you on the roll call. Don't blame your Dad one bit.....longer on a ship the better!

Surprisingly the 9-day cruise on the Dream is cheaper than the 7-day cruise on the Liberty but the idea of going back to Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk is very tempting.

My dad doesn't care where we go as long as we are on a cruise :D

FYI ... You can just do a la cart at Mr. sanchos. We went there with 8 so it would have been a little spendy for that many.

A friend of mine helped me decide to go to Paradise Beach. I like the pool at Paradise and that's exactly what we want. A relaxing day by the pool.....

I will be back on later tonight to buy some more bandwidth so that I can continue on with my review. I guess I am including too many pictures.....hehe.

I have had an exciting day. I went for a job interview today to be a travel agent and I was hired on the spot. I guess I made a good first impression.

I really think you could convince me to buy a time share in federal prison :D

Remember us poor relatives when you get rich and move to Key West LOL Seriously, I can't imagine a better person for that job. Congratulations!

Congrads on your new job! I'm beginning to think of a cruise for March 2015 with DH and I, or a family cruise Oct 2015. I'm thinking I want to try a new line and so far really like NCL for a Haven suite or maybe a Princess cruise. Once you get settled I'll email you with my info and maybe we can do some business. I won't be able to book until June after getting whole family together to discuss options. Good luck on your new job!

Will you work for Canadians!! I actually fly out of the us a lot, as its much cheaper than TO. Hope your weather is better now too. We are finally warming up here. Love your pics of the manatees, am seriously considering that, they are so cute...however, buying the cd is a little pricey for me. Can you buy single pics or is it just 1 package?

Thanks Becky!

I really think you could convince me to buy a time share in federal prison :D

Remember us poor relatives when you get rich and move to Key West LOL Seriously, I can't imagine a better person for that job. Congratulations!

Haha you just made my day with that comment :D I would negotiate so that you could have a cell with a window.

Thank-You so Much. I am pretty excited about it

Will you work for Canadians!! I actually fly out of the us a lot, as its much cheaper than TO. Hope your weather is better now too. We are finally warming up here. Love your pics of the manatees, am seriously considering that, they are so cute...however, buying the cd is a little pricey for me. Can you buy single pics or is it just 1 package?

Thanks Becky!

I will know more on Monday if we can reservations for Canadians. Yeah our weather is better now. Today it is a high of 37 degrees and we are supposed to get a half inch of rain which means flooding. Gotta love Illinois weather.

You can buy individual pictures with the manatees. I believe they were $32.00 for a individual print. One other thing is they wouldn't take our picture together. My dad asked if we could have a picture of the two of us together and they said that was not possible :rolleyes:

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2335_zps52e56e99.jpg

My dad made another new friend. We rode in his pedicab back to the ship.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2336_zps067ff512.jpg

When we got back to our room this gift was waiting for us. It was a photo of the ship. It was a gift from the Cruise Director Skip Lyons.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2337_zps5ff5121e.jpg

I have really never quite understood what this towel animal is and he looks even creepier with no eyes :eek:

Well we got our showers and got cleaned up and we headed up to dinner. Dinner this night was relaxed because there weren't too many people in the dining room. I think there were still a lot of people out partying at Fat Tuesdays and Senor Frogs in Cozumel

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2339_zps90bf994f.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2340_zps46c4091c.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2341_zpsea7b4365.jpg

This was Jerminka. She was a junior hostess in the dining room from Bosnia Herzegovina. My dad fell in love with her :p. She was so nice. We are now friends on FB

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2342_zpsbfc593b2.jpg

Flat Iron Steak.....aka Old Faithful for my Dad

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2344_zps3c3a53ae.jpg

This was the diet Pumpkin Pie.....don't order this it tasted like wallpaper paste

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2345_zps323c5b74.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2347_zpsdb41f8b9.jpg

I loved the colors in the Imagination Atrium. So pretty

Well after dinner and walking around for a bit we were tired so we headed back to the cabin and retired for the night. It was nice to go to bed a little early. I felt so refreshed the next morning and was ready to start our final day onboard. I couldn't believe this cruise was winding down already

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2351_zpsb25af71d.jpg

We went to the MDR today to have the Seaday Brunch

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2352_zpsae3f0fcc.jpg

Menus for the Seaday Brunch

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2353_zpsb5dc35c7.jpg

The cost of the CD was $118.00 and with the pedicabs it was just a donation of whatever you wanted to give. We have them $3.00 a piece. It was fun and so worth it.

Be sure to come back later I was able to download the manatee pictures from our encounter and I will post them later when I get home

Just an FYI...the cost of the manatee/dolphin excursion CD depends on the amount of people...We also did Dolphin Discovery (the dolphin encounter, not the manatee, although we did get to get in the water with a manatee for 15 minutes and feed it lettuce, which was really cool) in Cozumel, and I was expecting to pay around $150 based on another post that I had read before I went. When she told me it was $280 I almost had a heart attack! I asked her about it and she said the cost is based on number of people and pictures. We had 7 people in our group (my family plus my niece and her friend). Crazy expensive, but we knew it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, so we bought it and do not regret it. My kids are 10, 9, and 9, and the looks on their faces is priceless...not to mention the look on my husband's face when he realized that we were doing it with them! Oh, did I forget to mention that to him? Oops!! So much fun!

Loving your review!