Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

Once again, thanks so much for doing this review! As said, we're doing the exact same itinerary, and now I can't wait to go to Key West. I think I'll actually rent one of those electric scooters since my Dad can't walk all that much. Do they give you a map of where you should go? I know you've been there several times, so you know where you're going. How would I go about knowing every where to go?!? Your sunset pics are amazing...may I copy a couple for my screen saver on my computer?

I hear you about the weather, we just had 25cm dumped on us last night and freezing rain on top of that. Its pretty cold too and not looking any better for the next couple of days.

So, when you move to KeyWest, let me know and I'll come and rent a room off you for the winter months!!

Thanks again!!

That's a big reason why we rent the electric car. My dad has difficulty walking so it makes perfect sense for us to rent the electric car. They are so much fun. There are a few websites out there about Key West where you can print off a map. And if you don't have one before you get to Key West they will give you one at Sunshine Scooters. I use trip advisor a lot to research places where I want to go and then write the addresses down.

Yes you may copy my sunset pics. Enjoy.

When I move to Key West I'll let ya know and you can definitely come for a visit. After a day like today it won't be long and I'll be in Key West

Okay now I officially feel bad for being such a wimp. It will be dropping down into the 30's in central Florida tonight & I've been complaining all day. How do you guys do it??? I honestly don't think I could survive that kind of COLD.

BTW enjoying your review - waiting for the Sunshine - we're looking at booking a May cruise on her out of Canavaral.

Don't feel too bad I have friends in northern Florida who have been sending me pics of the temps all day.

On days like today it makes living here really tough. But on the bright side it's only -12 below zero now but we still don't have electricity.

I will be getting to the Sunshine portion soon.

Great review Wrigley..just love you two and your sharing your good times, so glad you could make it a double cruise...Sarah

Thank you so much. Happy to hear that you are enjoying it. My dad and I definitely have a lot of good times together.

And the back to back cruise was just icing on the cake

Yikes, that's cold, try to stay warm! Maybe looking at the pics of the nice warm days from the cruise will help - here's hoping for you :)

Thanks for the review, it's great!

Thank You so much. I tried looking at the pics on my phone today but it didn't do any good I am still freezing and the power is still out.

Thank You so much. I tried looking at the pics on my phone today but it didn't do any good I am still freezing and the power is still out.

I hope your power comes back on soon :( Our forecast in south central KY is for below zero temps tonight, but it will feel balmy compared to your weather!!

I spent a week in Key West a few years back with my hubby, daughter and her best friend. It is the most amazing place!!! One day on a cruise really doesn't do it justice, but it beats not being there at all. My daughter and friend were 20 at the time, and I figured they would get bored, but the laid back atmosphere even appealed to them ;)

I hope your power comes back on soon :( Our forecast in south central KY is for below zero temps tonight, but it will feel balmy compared to your weather!!

I spent a week in Key West a few years back with my hubby, daughter and her best friend. It is the most amazing place!!! One day on a cruise really doesn't do it justice, but it beats not being there at all. My daughter and friend were 20 at the time, and I figured they would get bored, but the laid back atmosphere even appealed to them ;)

Our power finally came back on at 8:15. That was a lllooonnngggg time to be without no heat. When it came back on it was down to 46 degrees in the house. I had on 3 sweatshirts and under 2 blankets. Glad that's over now I can get back to posting photos for my review.

You are so right. Key West is a place where you a can spend a week or more. I never get bored with things to do there. You won't find that kind of atmosphere anywhere else

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wonderful review so far! Really looking forward to the rest! I leave on the Sunshine Feb. 2! Can't wait to see pics and see what you have to say about the ship!!!

Blake

Thank You so much. I will be getting to the Sunshine portion soon. I hope you enjoy the Sunshine as much as we did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone who has been onboard a Fantasy class ship will know that there is a bar on Deck 9 aft just before the comedy club. This is a nice bar area during the day because it is a nice place to sit and enjoy the ship.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2197_zps922ae172.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2199_zpseadae0b1.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2201_zpsaeeffba1.jpg

I was a little hungry by now so we went up to the deli for a quick bite to hold us off until dinner.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2202_zpse673b396.jpg

Bar area on Deck 9 aft

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2204_zps62e2e329.jpg

This is the coffee shop area on Deck 9

Glad to hear you got the heat back on last night. It was just nasty. It's a balmy -3 down the road in Springfield, IL this morning. :D

Enjoying your review as usual and looking forward to your Sunshine review. We have a huge group heading out on Feb. 9th. After this last couple of days, I am ready now! We are cruise virgins so we are really excited.

Tonight was formal night. Now my dad and I don't normally go to formal night but we decided to give it a try this time. I am so glad we did. The food was amazing and I guess it was nice to get dressed up :p

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2216_zpsf63689c5.jpg

I think we look pretty good

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2212_zpsa529c92b.jpg

This is one of my favorite appetizers. This is the Turkey Farfalle pasta dish.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2213_zpsf997bdf0.jpg

Pretty sure we all know what this is

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2214_zps60c19ad4.jpg

I have never quite understood why they serve BBQ Ribs on formal night. But hey they were good and that is all that matters

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2215_zps4204065c.jpg

This was our wait staff. We had anytime dining but our waiters were excellent so we sat in their section every night

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2218_zps8ce4706c.jpg

My dad's favorite dessert onboard is the diet Banana cake

After dinner we went outside to sit for a while. There is a great place to sit on the Imagination. Take the Atrium elevators up to deck 11 and then walk outside. As you are facing the funnel there are some very comfy chairs that overlook the Lido Pool area.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2233_zps3a0ebc9d.jpg

this was taken in that area. the chairs were super comfy

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2230_zps23dead7f.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2232_zpsb9a3f06c.jpg

As we were sitting up in those chairs overlooking the Lido area. I noticed these young people (maybe mid-20's) who were literally stripping their clothes off. I thought to myself if we sit here long enough we may see a little bit more than what we want to see but Hey were on a Cruise you're never gonna see these people again

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2239_zps15e581c8.jpg

These people jumped into the hot tub with all their clothes on.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2237_zps77668c81.jpg

Just chillin in the hot tub with my clothes on

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2242_zps43036e9a.jpg

Kinda dark but I like this picture

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2238_zps78dd3ce8.jpg

Lido Deck was very quiet tonight. It seemed like we were the only people out there

Well we decided to head inside and go to the show Epic Rock. As I mentioned before this show is AMAZING and not to be missed.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2235_zpse9b101e1.jpg

One of the props on the stage in the Epic Rock show

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2236_zpsa6785e31.jpg

About 10 minutes prior to the start of this show there is a guy who comes out of the audience and walks up on stage and grabs this guitar and starts rocking out. it was a great way to start the show

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2244_zpsb6116f31.jpg

After the show we headed back to our cabin and this guy was waiting for us.

This is the Platinum gift that we received on the Imagination.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2246_zpsa8cd7d1e.jpg

Ok now here is a funny story. My dad often gets lost on the ship. After 14 cruises you would think that he would know his way around but he doesn't. We decorate our door for every cruise so that he can find it at night...funny thing he doesn't drink so he can't blame it on alcohol.

Ok so we get up and head to breakfast in the dining room. Well my dad started talking to some people while we were waiting for the elevator. The elevator came and I got in but my dad failed to catch it before the door closed. That's ok he knew we were going for breakfast which meant he only had to take the elevator one floor up. I get off the elevator and stand along the railing waiting for him. I see him go by Deck 8 then up to Deck 9 and get off. I can hear him yell my name as he gets off the elevator. He goes all the way up to Deck 11 before finally coming back down to Deck 8 and getting off

When he got off the elevator and saw me I could not stop laughing. It was hilarious watching this elevator go up and down with him still inside :D

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2248_zps1cda5c37.jpg

See there goes my dad pressing buttons in the elevator

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2249_zps5f80fe09.jpg

Finally reached Deck 8. I was laughing uncontrollably when he turned the corner

Glad to hear you got the heat back on last night. It was just nasty. It's a balmy -3 down the road in Springfield, IL this morning. :D

Enjoying your review as usual and looking forward to your Sunshine review. We have a huge group heading out on Feb. 9th. After this last couple of days, I am ready now! We are cruise virgins so we are really excited.

Yeah it was getting a little chilly in the house. We're still cold here today. It is -8 below right now but hey were gonna be above zero tomorrow. I guess that's a plus.

You will love the Sunshine and congrats on being a cruise virgin. Trust me when I say it definitely won't be your last.

Thanks for your review. I'm going to miss the end though. Last year we did the same cruise and enjoyed the Imagination so much that we booked the Panama Canal cruise. We leave in the morning to head to Florida.

I wish we had enough time to go to Key West again but the drive is to long for a day trip. We also love Key West!

Thanks for your review. I'm going to miss the end though. Last year we did the same cruise and enjoyed the Imagination so much that we booked the Panama Canal cruise. We leave in the morning to head to Florida.

I wish we had enough time to go to Key West again but the drive is to long for a day trip. We also love Key West!

Ooooo have some fun on the Panama Canal cruise on the Imagination. As I mentioned earlier in the review some friends of mine are also cruising on this one.

By chance if you meet Jerminka (she is a Junior Hostess in the MDR) please tell her Rick and Brianna say hello. She was wonderful

This is the Platinum gift that we received on the Imagination.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2246_zpsa8cd7d1e.jpg

Ok now here is a funny story. My dad often gets lost on the ship. After 14 cruises you would think that he would know his way around but he doesn't. We decorate our door for every cruise so that he can find it at night...funny thing he doesn't drink so he can't blame it on alcohol.

Ok so we get up and head to breakfast in the dining room. Well my dad started talking to some people while we were waiting for the elevator. The elevator came and I got in but my dad failed to catch it before the door closed. That's ok he knew we were going for breakfast which meant he only had to take the elevator one floor up. I get off the elevator and stand along the railing waiting for him. I see him go by Deck 8 then up to Deck 9 and get off. I can hear him yell my name as he gets off the elevator. He goes all the way up to Deck 11 before finally coming back down to Deck 8 and getting off

When he got off the elevator and saw me I could not stop laughing. It was hilarious watching this elevator go up and down with him still inside :D

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2248_zps1cda5c37.jpg

See there goes my dad pressing buttons in the elevator

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2249_zps5f80fe09.jpg

Finally reached Deck 8. I was laughing uncontrollably when he turned the corner

Oh god! You had me laughing out loud! Your dad is so adorable!

Cozumel was a port day. However it also felt like a day at sea because we didn't get to Cozumel until 1:00 pm and we stayed until 10:00 pm. That was a nice change because you have a chance to sleep in a little, eat a good breakfast, and enjoy the ship before we got to Cozumel

After breakfast we decided to go out to our favorite spot onboard which was the outdoor promenade on Deck 10.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2261_zps694a4d35.jpg

As you can see there wasn't anyone out here. Its always so peaceful out here

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2257_zps944c0147.jpg

One place that I had never been was up on the FWD part of the ship. It was so windy up here but pretty cool to see

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2258_zps68005652.jpg

Got the windblown look

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2265_zpsdd644ed6.jpg

We always bring our big Tervis tumblers from home

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2266_zps0496c4f0.jpg

Like Two Peas in a Pod