Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

I've been waiting on this review. You do such a great job. I agree with you that part of deck 10 on fantasy class is the best most relaxing place to sit. Expecially at night because it is pitch black out there being so close to the bridge.

You are so right....it is pitch black out there at night. On our first cruise I was like "wow....this is kinda scary" but now I absolutely love it

So thrilled that you enjoy my reviews. I hope you continue to enjoy the rest

Hey Bri!!

I've been waiting for your review as we're doing the exact same itinerary on the Ecstasy in March. I'm assuming that formal night was the Key West day? Just an assumption since it was an early port day and late for Cozumel the next. How did you find the islands and the times? I"m having such a hard time deciding what to do with the hours we're there for.

Thanks for doing the review!!! I'm always such a big fan of them and your pictures are amazing!

I'm actually cruising with my Dad this coming cruise as well. Along with a few others, but it will be interesting!!!

Can't wait to read the rest of it. Do you have any pics of your cabin? WE're almost in the exact same cabin, except on ecstasy...i'm sure they will look reasonably the same.

Happy New Year!!!

Becky

Hello....

Yes you are correct. Formal night is on Key West day. We would have loved more time in Key West....that is our favorite port of call. In Key West we were off the ship as soon as we docked and we rented an electric car for the day. We always do this when we are in Key West. We cruised all over and went to everywhere we wanted to go.

In Cozumel we got off the ship by 1:30 (shortly after we docked) and we swam with manatees on this day at Chankanaab Park. It was amazing. Many of the beach clubs close by 5:00 pm or 6:00 pm.

I love cruising with my dad. There is no other person that I would rather go with.

I have some pics of the cabin coming up in the next couple posts. On the Imagination we had so much floor space once they split our beds apart. We love those cabins. You will love this area where your cabin is. We love being right by the atrium.

Thank You for reading my review. If you have any more questions about the Imagination please don't hesitate to ask

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2108_zpsca03aebd.jpg

Ok now I had to include this picture. Here is the story. We met Jackie Lou on the Carnival Freedom in March 2013. She was actually the first crew member that we talked to. We were eating lunch up at the Fish and Chips area and she stopped to talk to us. So we continued to get to know her throughout our cruise on the Freedom.

Our first night at dinner in the Sunrise Dining Room we were sitting at the table waiting for our dessert and she walks right by our table. OMG we saw her again and she remembered us right away. This is why I love Carnival Cruise Lines. This isn't the first time that has happened. The crew members remember you by name.

Has this happened to anyone else????

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2109_zps4d89f579.jpg

Our waiter was trying to get "Low"

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013072_zps577c70c9.jpg

Flat Iron Steak....I think my dad has this every night

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013074_zpsdb89a3be.jpg

I couldn't decide on dessert the first night so I ordered both the Strawberry Cheesecake and the Key Lime Pie. The Key Lime Pie was soooooo good

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013073_zps25ba741b.jpg

We had Your Time Dining in the Sunrise Dining Room

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2113_zps59ef4260.jpg

This was during the Welcome Aboard show. They also did a preview for the Divas show.

Now we have seen a lot of Production shows onboard Carnival ships over the years. Some have been really good and some have been really bad.

There were 2 shows onboard the Carnival Imagination......Divas and Epic Rock. They were AMAZING......by far the best shows that we have ever seen onboard any Carnival cruise. They had each show twice and we went and saw both of them each time. I can't say enough good things about those shows. Everyone sings and dances. If you are onboard the Imagination.....don't miss these shows

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2114_zpsd209543a.jpg

Our cruise director, Skip Lyons, is getting a little frisky during the show

After the show we decided to head back to our cabin because we knew that we would be having an early morning. The ship docked in Key West at 7:30 am and we wanted to be off the ship right away

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2116_zpsaf4034a0.jpg

The elevator area on Deck 7

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2112_zps21c634aa.jpg

When we got back to our cabin the pig was waiting for us

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2110_zpsdcbd60a8.jpg

When we got back to our cabin there was a surprise waiting for us from the Cruise Director Skip Lyons and John Heald

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2111_zps951fc915.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2118_zps197ea339.jpg

We decide to order Room Service breakfast so that we could eat breakfast while we were getting ready in the morning

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2119_zpsc639562a.jpg

My dad's bed

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2120_zpsa449404a.jpg

I always get my bed under the window

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2121_zpsd3d70882.jpg

I love the Fantasy class cabins because when you split the beds you have so much floor space

Wrigley,

I have an odd question that I hope you can answer. Do you know if they carry root beer on the Sunshine?

It's the only soda DW drinks and I thought I saw a picture once of Barq's on display on the Sunshine.

Thanks

Wrigley,

I have an odd question that I hope you can answer. Do you know if they carry root beer on the Sunshine?

It's the only soda DW drinks and I thought I saw a picture once of Barq's on display on the Sunshine.

Thanks

That's not an odd question. Yes they serve Barq's Root Beer onboard. Remember you can also bring on one 12-pack of pop per person.

Who is ready for Key West?? Key West is our favorite port of call...we absolutely love it there. We were in Key West from 7:30-1:30 pm which isn't a lot of time but we made the most of our time there.

We were off the ship as soon as we docked and we docked at the Navy Mole so we were shuttled into town on a Conch Tour Train. I know a lot of people don't like doing this but we love it. It is a great way to enjoy your first few minutes off the ship all while getting a short tour on your way into town

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2123_zps0bb53006.jpg

Our first sight of Key West out the window from our room

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2124_zps40c7d38c.jpg

The Imagination may be a smaller but they still look huge

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2125_zpsd66c84c2.jpg

This is our friend Avril. She was on our roll call. We all hung out together for our first hour in Key West until she headed off on the Key West Pub Crawl. In this photo we are waiting on the train to head into town

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2129_zps05ffbc6c.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2131_zpsa9e0a1d1.jpg

Love your review; we are going on the 8day southern Carib on the Sunshine

in May.

I thought for a minute I had missed something; I thought the dining room on the Sunshine was called Sunrise. But I guess they both have a sunrise.

Keep up the great review and pics

Dot

We are going on the Sunshine Jan 5. Anything we need to know before we go? We are going to Key West, Nassau and Freeport. Leaving out of New Orleans which is convenient since I live in New Orleans. Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Love your review; we are going on the 8day southern Carib on the Sunshine

in May.

I thought for a minute I had missed something; I thought the dining room on the Sunshine was called Sunrise. But I guess they both have a sunrise.

Keep up the great review and pics

Dot

Whoops sorry my bad the dining rooms on the Sunshine are the Sunset and the Sunrise. When I typed that I was thinking about something that someone asked me about the Sunshine.

We are going on the Sunshine Jan 5. Anything we need to know before we go? We are going to Key West, Nassau and Freeport. Leaving out of New Orleans which is convenient since I live in New Orleans. Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

In my review now I am starting the pics and review of Key West and what we did there. There are so many fun things to see and do in Key West. If you have any questions of what to do there don't hesitate to ask.

You will love the Sunshine. Be sure to visit the Serenity Deck at night. It is so peaceful up there. I fell asleep in the clamshells two different nights. Enjoy your cruise.

You will love cruising on the Sunshine. What will be your ports of call??

We will be going to Montego Bay. Grand Cayman. And Cozemel. Been to Mobay but never the other two. Also cruising with 2 couples that have never cruised

:D

We will be going to Montego Bay. Grand Cayman. And Cozemel. Been to Mobay but never the other two. Also cruising with 2 couples that have never cruised

:D

Yep that's the port of calls that we went to. We were opposite of you.....we had been Grand Cayman and Cozumel multiple times but never been to Montego Bay.

It's always fun and exciting when you're traveling with newbie cruisers

I'll be back on hopefully tomorrow to post more of my review but we blew a breaker tonight at our house which affected the TV, the computer, and most importantly the Furnace. It's supposed to be -14 below zero tonight so were headed to a hotel for the night

Loving your review so far! I was on Imagination 2 weeks before you. I agree that the Divas Show was really good. It was awful on the Breeze, so I was pleased that the singers could actually sing on this ship. LOL You and your dad look like you're having so much fun together. Love the sunset pictures. Can't wait for the rest! :)

Loving your review so far! I was on Imagination 2 weeks before you. I agree that the Divas Show was really good. It was awful on the Breeze, so I was pleased that the singers could actually sing on this ship. LOL You and your dad look like you're having so much fun together. Love the sunset pictures. Can't wait for the rest! :)

Thank-You. I always enjoy your reviews as well. At least you got to see the show on the Breeze. When we were on the Sunshine that week all the production shows were cancelled for one reason or another. But yes they were amazing on the Imagination.

My dad and I always have a great time together. How can we not.....were on a cruise...hahaha.