Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

Your Welcome , hope that helps ;)

Thanks Again so much for your help in getting these photos uploaded. Still have no idea why I couldn't figure it out before. I never had any problems getting photos uploaded with any of my previous reviews

The issue with the pictures not posting correctly is probably a temporary glitch with Photobucket and not anything your are doing. I did a review this past September and noticed recently that some of the pictures weren't showing up. I went and reloaded all of them back into Photobucket (and now have duplicates taking up space) and last I noticed, they were showing up again. I hope you can get your pictures to post. I've seen and enjoyed your reviews in the past, love your pictures and am looking forward to this one. We were in New Orleans in 1996 and LOVED it, so I'm really excited for that portion of your review too. Would love to get back there one of these days.

Oh you will love my photos from New Orleans. That was our first time visiting there so I took a lot of photos.

Thank-You for reading my previous reviews. I hope you enjoy this one just as much

John Heald from Carnival said the Sunshine will have a Future Cruise Desk onboard starting in January.

I wonder where the Future Cruise desk is going to go. Somewhere along the Ocean Plaza area on Deck 5 is the only place that comes to mind

Here is one more photo from our hotel room just to show you how big the room is

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013016_zps29c461ab.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013015_zps9ac04c91.jpg

Me and my best friend.....my Dad

OK now I promise the cruise portion is coming up next.....just waiting on the photos to upload.

Feel free to ask any and all questions

* squeel * woke up this morning and I can see the pictures! Can't wait for the rest of the review!

I can't imagine trying to figure out flights before a cruise ( I live in Central FL )! I'd be a nervous wreck that my flight would be soooo delayed or canceled! I'm already an anxious person- I'd be a nervous wreck! lol. I already panic we won't get to the ship " in time " ( in time meaning when I want to be there....not before the ship leaves- lol ) and we live 30 min away from the port!

Yea!! I've been waiting for this review:D. My wife and I will be on the Sunshine in April for the repositioning cruise from NOLA to Port Canaveral. I am looking forward to your perspective as I feel based on reading your previous reviews that we have similar expectations for our cruises.

Hope you enjoyed your time in New Orleans. We love visiting there and love when we can sail from there. I have been there probably close to ten times and I still find there are things I haven't seen/done yet. I guess more reason to go back!! We are staying two nights prior to our April cruise so we will get to see more again.

Hoping to get some ideas for Montego Bay we haven't ported there before and are still undecided as to what to do.

Looking forward to pictures of the Imagination! I will be sailing on her for the first time this May, from LA down to Ensenada. I've been on the Elation and Inspiration, and I think it's a sister ship so the layout may be very similar. Thanks for taking the time.

* squeel * woke up this morning and I can see the pictures! Can't wait for the rest of the review!

I can't imagine trying to figure out flights before a cruise ( I live in Central FL )! I'd be a nervous wreck that my flight would be soooo delayed or canceled! I'm already an anxious person- I'd be a nervous wreck! lol. I already panic we won't get to the ship " in time " ( in time meaning when I want to be there....not before the ship leaves- lol ) and we live 30 min away from the port!

Yeah I was pretty excited when the pictures finally started to post.

Flights are always an issue. I hate to fly. I am always popping a couple Dramamine before the flight takes off. If I lived in Florida I would be on a cruise every month :p

Yea!! I've been waiting for this review:D. My wife and I will be on the Sunshine in April for the repositioning cruise from NOLA to Port Canaveral. I am looking forward to your perspective as I feel based on reading your previous reviews that we have similar expectations for our cruises.

Hope you enjoyed your time in New Orleans. We love visiting there and love when we can sail from there. I have been there probably close to ten times and I still find there are things I haven't seen/done yet. I guess more reason to go back!! We are staying two nights prior to our April cruise so we will get to see more again.

Hoping to get some ideas for Montego Bay we haven't ported there before and are still undecided as to what to do.

We were looking into doing the repositioning cruise on the Sunshine in April but we are going to do the 9-day repositioning cruise on the Dream that moves from Port Canaveral to New Orleans.

We had a lot of fun in New Orleans and I am sure you will too. There are so many things to see and do in New Orleans.

We didn't get off the ship in Montego Bay because I was very sick that day. In fact I never left the cabin all day that day. It was awful. We were going to go on the Hop On/Hop Off bus tour in Montego Bay. It was $19.00 per person

Looking forward to pictures of the Imagination! I will be sailing on her for the first time this May, from LA down to Ensenada. I've been on the Elation and Inspiration, and I think it's a sister ship so the layout may be very similar. Thanks for taking the time.

Yeah the layout will be very similar. We have been on 5 Fantasy class ships and they are all on the same layout. We really enjoy the Fantasy class ships

Well the day of our Imagination cruise had finally arrived. We woke up early (I was too excited to sleep) and had breakfast at the hotel. We were leaving the hotel by 8:00 am. We loaded up the car again and decided to drive down by the ocean to see if we could get a few pics

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013018_zps1028894f.jpg

We drove down along the boardwalk area in Dania Beach. We pulled along on a side street just off A1A. This was a perfect place to stop. There wasn't anybody out this morning. It was like we had the whole beach to ourselves.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013021_zpsc51cd1af.jpg

It was a cloudy morning but this picture just shows how peaceful it was.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013023_zpsc6f8f90a.jpg

I was ready for vacation to begin

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2003_zpscbcb3f97.jpg

I love this picture.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2005_zpsf6cd1fd0.jpg

This was our rental car. It was a Ford Escape. It was a perfect car if you have a lot of luggage. Everything fit in the car perfectly

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2007_zps67b2bd2e.jpg

Well we are back from our back-to-back cruises on the Carnival Imagination (December 2-6) and Carnival Sunshine (December 8-15). I took a lot of pictures and they are still uploading but I just wanted to get this started so that y'all didn't think I forgot about ya. We had a wonderful time and met so many great new friends.

Many of you may recall one of my previous reviews. I travel with my dad, Rick. It is just me and my dad. My mom doesn't like to cruise :confused: still not quite sure what's the deal with that.

The Carnival Imagination was a 4-day cruise to Key West and Cozumel. After that cruise we drove to New Orleans to board the Carnival Sunshine for a 7-day cruise to Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. After the cruise on the Sunshine we spent 2 days in New Orleans so I will have a lot of pics from New Orleans as well.

Yea!! I was waiting for this review.

Andy

Well after we got our pictures along the beach it was time to head towards Miami. We made the huge mistake of taking I-95 south to Miami. We were bumper to bumper for over 20 miles. A drive that should have taken 30 minutes took us well over an hour. We finally got to Miami around 10:00 am. We drove around for a bit to get a few pictures

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2008_zps19a2ef5f.jpg

How on Earth does anyone ever know where they are going??

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2009_zps4745511a.jpg

American Airlines Arena....this is where the Miami Heat play. I'm a little bitter towards the Heat. I am a Chicago Bulls fan

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2015_zpsd9e868e9.jpg

We drove out on the Causeway that is on the other side at Port of Miami. This was our first sight of the ship.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2018_zps112c4b39.jpg

We pulled over along the causeway to get this picture. Not recommended if there are cars behind you but we were OK

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2019_zpsacc14512.jpg

We were looking into doing the repositioning cruise on the Sunshine in April but we are going to do the 9-day repositioning cruise on the Dream that moves from Port Canaveral to New Orleans.

We had a lot of fun in New Orleans and I am sure you will too. There are so many things to see and do in New Orleans.

We didn't get off the ship in Montego Bay because I was very sick that day. In fact I never left the cabin all day that day. It was awful. We were going to go on the Hop On/Hop Off bus tour in Montego Bay. It was $19.00 per person

My wife and I are very, VERY, tempted to do the Sunshine repo cruise; however, the expenses getting to one port/leaving from another so far outweighs everything. We are from MI.

Sad.

11 day cruise would be most awesome.

Andy

:(

My wife and I are very, VERY, tempted to do the Sunshine repo cruise; however, the expenses getting to one port/leaving from another so far outweighs everything. We are from MI.

Sad.

Andy

Yeah I hear ya. The flights for us are often more than the cruise so that is why we did a back-to-back this time. For our 9-day repositioning cruise in April we are flying down to Orlando and then we have decided to drive home from New Orleans

Wow! So happy to see you got the pictures uploaded. Lets get this show/review going.

Looking forward to your experience. Sorry to hear you got sick.

I'm going....I'm going :) Being sick onboard was no fun at all but I was determined not to let it ruin my vacation. I had waited too long to let it ruin my vacation

We took our rental car back and then we headed to the port. We are Platinum so once we got to the port we dropped our bags off with the porters and they put the Priority tags on our bags. By now it was 10:30 am but they still were not allowing anyone into the terminal. Once we gave the porters our bags we sat down and waited on a bench for them to open the doors.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2029_zps1a1a0b2a.jpg

Dad and I are ready for the cruise to begin

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2030_zps048bde70.jpg

Priority Line....don't mind if I do. This is one of my favorite perks of being Platinum. Just walk in and hand them your boarding pass and away we go

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2031_zps624637bf.jpg

It is a tradition for my dad to wear his "I'd Rather Be Cruising" t-shirt on embarkation day

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2033_zps910d9482.jpg

The Platinum Lounge at the Port of Miami is where you get your sail and sign cards.

Sad.

Andy

We're in the same boat Andy... Really want to do it, but the airfare is a killer...

Yeah I hear ya. The flights for us are often more than the cruise so that is why we did a back-to-back this time. For our 9-day repositioning cruise in April we are flying down to Orlando and then we have decided to drive home from New Orleans

Thats not a terrible idea, depending on the cost of the rental car...