Carnival Imagination and Carnival Sunshine - My Back-to-Back Photo Review

wrigley80

Wrigley-just got back from the Fantasy and looks like I have a lot of catching up to do! thanks for posting and cant wait to read your review

Thank-you. How did you like the Fantasy?? We went on the Fantasy in March 2012.

You got home at the right time to start reading my review....haha

I am really enjoying your review!! We sail on the Sunshine next September, and we were on the imagination this past September, so both are interesting to me. Your pics are awesome!

I love seeing you and your Dad together :) I was my Daddy's little girl, and I treasure every moment I got to spend with him. It makes me feel good inside to see someone who loves their Dad as much as I loved mine.

Well don't hesitate to ask any questions. You can't go wrong with booking a Carnival cruise. I hope you enjoy the rest of my review. And I will do my best to help you choose a cruise

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks so much! It looks like it will probably be either the Sunshine or the Liberty out of Port Canaveral in June. Still figuring out dates, that will determine the ship (it's extended family, so everyone needs to agree on a date that works). Enjoying the review...and loving the pictures.

It was pretty ironic because the day that we were in Key West the Carnival Sunshine would also be in port. I took a lot of pictures of the Sunshine knowing that next week we would be onboard. We drove our electric car down to get some great pictures of the Imagination and the Sunshine

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2149_zpse53a3685.jpg

Our first view of the Sunshine

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2152_zps33ec31ef.jpg

There's the Imagination

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2154_zps9ec2ef47.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2156_zps13b6db92.jpg

That Carnival funnel is so distinctive

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2157_zps88fe5e60.jpg

You can take tours on this US Coast Guard vessel

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2158_zps193ea6f5.jpg

The Margaritaville Store. I usually buy at least 4 shirts but the ladies working that day were so rude that I left without buying anything. Oh well their loss :(

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2160_zps67d49533.jpg

The time of day had finally come that it was time to head to Kermit's Key West Key Lime Shoppe to get a slice of Key Lime Pie

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2161_zps2e9d2bfa.jpg

Kermit's shoppe has Key Lime everything from sauces, mustards, lotions, key lime juice, candles, shampoo, etc.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2162_zps87db3410.jpg

We bought a Key Lime juice and Key Lime lotion. For Christmas I made a Key Lime Pie using that juice and it was excellent

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2163_zpsbae2eafe.jpg

I am really enjoying your review!! We sail on the Sunshine next September, and we were on the imagination this past September, so both are interesting to me. Your pics are awesome!

I love seeing you and your Dad together :) I was my Daddy's little girl, and I treasure every moment I got to spend with him. It makes me feel good inside to see someone who loves their Dad as much as I loved mine.

Thank You so much. You will love the Sunshine. My dad is my best friend. I am definitely a daddy's girl and being an only child makes that even more special for us. We do everything together. Hopefully you had the pleasure of traveling with your father. My dad's health is deteriorating due to diabetes and I will continue to travel with him until we are no longer able to :)

Thanks so much! It looks like it will probably be either the Sunshine or the Liberty out of Port Canaveral in June. Still figuring out dates, that will determine the ship (it's extended family, so everyone needs to agree on a date that works). Enjoying the review...and loving the pictures.

Thank You so much. You can't go wrong with either ship. They both have the 2.0 updates. The Sunshine will have the big Waterworks area and the Ropes course

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2164_zps748aaaac.jpg

Well we got our pie and we decided to drive our electric car around the corner onto Simonton Street to eat our pie by the beach.

This is the before picture of my pie

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2166_zpse35acbea.jpg

And this is the after picture...barely even a crumb left. Wow that pie is good

Now one place that we had never been to before in Key West is Captain Tony's Saloon so we decided to try it out this time. I loved the décor

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2167_zps1f65883c.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2168_zpsac4ff4a4.jpg

Anyone need a used Bra??? :p

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2169_zps9cae3c6d.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2170_zps73b0b4d2.jpg

I can't say that there are many places with a tree growing through the middle of it. That was very cool

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2171_zps47c0915e.jpg

I shoulda grabbed a couple of those dollar bills to pay for my drink ;)

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2172_zpsc4e0e2ae.jpg

We bought 2 t-shirts at Captain Tony's Saloon.

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2173_zps673c0b81.jpg

Now I know I have mentioned driving our electric car but here it is. When we visit Key West we always rent an electric car because then we are assured that we get around to all the things that we want to see and do. We always rent our electric car from Sunshine Scooters. They owners and staff are so friendly. We love them...In fact they have told me that if I ever decide to move to Key West that there is a job waiting for me with Sunshine Scooters. I'm gonna take them up on that offer soon

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2174_zpsc630d78e.jpg

Love those scooters! My husband wants us to do a land vacation to Key West for a week.

Yes they are amazing. We have rented one every time we go to Key West and we will the next time too.

I like how your husband. He sounds like a very smart guy

Thank-You. I will get to the pictures of the Sunshine soon. What are your ports of call on the Sunshine???

We are also sailing on the Sunshine on Feb 16th. Ports are Roatan, Belize and Cozumel we are looking forward to the pictures. We love your reviews!!!

Edit: Can you tell me what time you could board the ship on the Sunshine? We want to board as early as possible. Thanks

Edited by christmas

We are also sailing on the Sunshine on Feb 16th. Ports are Roatan, Belize and Cozumel we are looking forward to the pictures. We love your reviews!!!

Edit: Can you tell me what time you could board the ship on the Sunshine? We want to board as early as possible. Thanks

We are Platinum and we were onboard by 11:00 am.

Love, love, love your review!!! I remember reading the last review you gave! Your pictures are great .....I can't get pictures to post on here hardly... I am with you --- Key West is my absolute favorite port!!!! I just went on my 10th cruise on November 16th - that was platinum cruise :) I just can't believe that my husband died of a massive heart attack on September 10th and he didn't get to go...and he was SO excited about being platinum!!! I was being grandfathered in and my money was non-refundable was the main reason I decided to keep my plans of going on the cruise.

I have the Sunshine booked for May 17th....my husband was SO excited about this! Because it is 8 nights long.....our son is going in his place......

I miss Tony so bad.....and cruising was his absolute favorite thing to do:)

Love, love, love your review!!! I remember reading the last review you gave! Your pictures are great .....I can't get pictures to post on here hardly... I am with you --- Key West is my absolute favorite port!!!! I just went on my 10th cruise on November 16th - that was platinum cruise :) I just can't believe that my husband died of a massive heart attack on September 10th and he didn't get to go...and he was SO excited about being platinum!!! I was being grandfathered in and my money was non-refundable was the main reason I decided to keep my plans of going on the cruise.

I have the Sunshine booked for May 17th....my husband was SO excited about this! Because it is 8 nights long.....our son is going in his place......

I am so sorry for your loss.

I remember your post back when your husband passed away. I recall you saying that you were going back and forth of whether or not to go on the cruise. I'm happy to hear that you decided to go. Your husband would have wanted you to go and have a good time. I'm sure it was extremely difficult for you but you can tell yourself that you went on that first cruise in his honor.

You will love the Sunshine and I am sure that you and your son will have a wonderful time together and you will make some new memories together.

May God Bless you and your family

Back to the Review.....Who Missed Me :p

Another one of our favorite places to visit in Key West is the Key West Pretzel Company. If you like soft pretzels....you have to visit this place. Their pretzels are too die for

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2180_zpse8e5bfd6.jpg

The Key West Pretzel Company is on Lazy Way Lane. Its basically right around the corner from Kermits Pie Store

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2182_zps3667c8af.jpg

You can get a soft pretzel plain, with just salt, or you can get one with some oooeeeyyy goooeeeyy goodness

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013087_zps93ee0044.jpg

Here I come with our pretzels

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2183_zps44a3886c.jpg

I chose the oooooeeeeyyyy gooooeeeyyy goodness pretzel. This was a pretzel sprinkled with cinnamon sugar and then had vanilla and raspberry drizzle. It was sooooo yummy

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-December1-162013088_zps4a76cb22.jpg

Everytime we come to Key West we put a different sticker on this truck. We have left our mark in Key West. Bring a sticker and you can do the same. This truck is down by the Wharf

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2185_zps8ebdb8d0.jpg

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2186_zps663f27fa.jpg

Conch Tour Train in Mallory Square

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2187_zps920eb939.jpg

I love this store in Key West. We always have to stop in

CarnivalImaginationandCarnivalSunshine-Part2188_zps2a3dafa1.jpg