Leave for Epic Saturday....buy OBC?

megnsamsgracie

Ok hoping this darn snow stops so I can catch my flight! Anyway, we got a bunch of visa gift cards for Christmas we want to use for our cruise. But they can't be used onboard. But when I was looking thru ncls site last night, I see you can buy OBC ahead of time? I assume I can use these Visa cards to pay for it? They work like credit cards....first ncl cruise and feel like a cruise newbie. I also have rum runners that worked on RCL...hoping they work on NCL

Ok hoping this darn snow stops so I can catch my flight! Anyway, we got a bunch of visa gift cards for Christmas we want to use for our cruise. But they can't be used onboard. But when I was looking thru ncls site last night, I see you can buy OBC ahead of time? I assume I can use these Visa cards to pay for it? They work like credit cards....first ncl cruise and feel like a cruise newbie. I also have rum runners that worked on RCL...hoping they work on NCL

You have just pointed a good reason NOT to get do an advance OBC.

What is you miss the cruise? How do you get your money back? Not easy, for sure, especially if they try to put in back on the Visa Gift card.

My advice, for what it is worth.

1 - Use that gift card at the grocery store, gas station, etc.

2 - Do not do OBC. Put cash in your pocket and take it with you, or take a credit card.

Again, just my two cents.

Thanks! I didn't think of that!!! I plan on doing my own excursions since I've been to all the islands 3 times before and ESP St Maarten I did a week all inclusive last month. I also wanted to book the Brazillian steakhouse. But if I do buy some OBC ahead of time (might do other pay restaurants) can I cash out what's left?

Thanks! I didn't think of that!!! I plan on doing my own excursions since I've been to all the islands 3 times before and ESP St Maarten I did a week all inclusive last month. I also wanted to book the Brazillian steakhouse. But if I do buy some OBC ahead of time (might do other pay restaurants) can I cash out what's left?

It is my understanding that they will mail you a check. I do not believe you can walk off with cash unless you are depositing cash when you first board.

I purchased OBC laat month with a Visa Gift card. I didnt buy much due to a slim chance of cancellation but I knew that chance was very slim.

NYC is presently covered in snow and Im hoping all will be well by Saturday morning flight.