Belize with younger kids

luvsviola

Not having cruised with small children, this is hard to answer. I would think that a trip to the Belize zoo, which is actually a game preserve rehab facility could interest youngsters.

Also depending upon how much walking your children may want/be able to do, a trip to Altun Ha ruins via a river cruise might interest the older ones as they can climb on the ruins in Belize.

Cave tubing may be an option depending on the size of the older children. Not sure if there are enough things to keep a 3 year old occupied at the cave tubing center. I have seen elementary age children in tubes. But I'll let parents who have taken children cave tubing opine.

Otherwise, find a beach excursion off the ship to one of the cayes if they enjoy the water. Keep in mind these are primarily snorkeling type excursions and do include alcohol for adults and the boats may not necessarily be that large.

Edited by crewsweeper

Hi luvsviola, we are cruising with a 5 and 3 year old as well and planning to just do the water taxi to Caye Caulker in Belize. Looks like a lot of shallow water at the split to splash around in and we can all just relax! I haven't posted on the roll call yet but I think we are on the same cruise :) Do your kids like Camp Carnival?

We just returned from Rendezvous Caye (Snorkel Wonders of the Barrier Reef with CCL) It was $120 (both kids were free) and was a great beach day. The swimming area was very small but not crowded at all. One side of dock had broken coral/ shells that were sharp but you would still wade at shore and the other side you could swim without water shoes.

We used this as a beach day instead of a snorkel trip, and it was great. There isn't alot of shade but there were so few people on the island we didn't have a problem setting up in the shade.

Candian85, thanks for the info on Rendezvous Caye wtih kids. We will be in Belize in February on Carnival with a 3 and 5 year old and are deciding between Rendevous Caye through Carnival 'snorkling wonders of the barrier reef tour' or the 'Island Beach Break' tour (just received confirmation back from CCL that this goes to Water Caye as mentioned in another thread). Has anyone been to Water Caye with little ones or have comparisions betwween Rendezvous and Water Caye?

• 3 weeks later...

We went cave tubing with cavetubing.bz (Vitalino) and had an AWESOME time. I had my five year old with me, and there were children there younger than her as well. If your kids are adventurous and can handle the 30 minute walk to the river, they might love it! I booked it independently. Most cruise lines will not allow someone under the age of 8 to sign up. Good luck and have fun!!